Flight Manuals

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Flight Manuals

Post by Nigel H-J »

Whilst browsing the internet came across this site, might be of interest to those who look to add realism to their flights though don't know whether these contain the pilot check lists or not.

Interesting aircraft are covered here...The BAC1-11 - Comet 4C - BAe 146 series 200 Flight Manuals at $17.95 CD version.

http://www.eflightmanuals.com/detail/it ... e=1&cID=14

Type in pilot notes in 'search' then Scroll down for the Vulcan Manual which includes pilot notes.

http://www.eflightmanuals.com/search/searchResults.asp
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

360shed
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by 360shed »

Nigel,

I have the 146 manuals, they're US Air Pilot Operating Handbooks. From memory I believe normal and emergency checklists are included. I actually ordered the other 2 yesterday, so in a week or so I can tell you what they're like :smile:

The quality of his manuals varies, some are great, some not-so. Unfortunately (for my wife!) I collect manuals and this is a good source for filling in the gaps in the paper collection - CDs don't weigh so much or take up quite so much space.

There are 2 other sources of pdf manuals which might be of interest -
http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com and
http://www.pilotmanuals.com

Cheers
Jon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks for those links Jon
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Is it really legal?
They obviously don't care much about copyright because I wrote the little article that accompanies the Comet 4C! :lol:

This is not the first time I've had to complain to someone about lifting those articles off my site. Didn't think they were that good! :wink:

Otherwise looks a good site. People always need manuals.

DM

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

DM,

Likewise people are always borrowing my article on the history of the Trident from the TPS website. Usually its with my knowledge at least. Neil phones me up to tell me and read to me such-and-such an article on Tridents thats appeared and is surprised when I start reading ahead of him.... of my screen :lol: :roll: :doh:

Btw... is there any chance of that static model I mentioned a while back going ahead? :wink: :wink:

Toby

WZ862
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by WZ862 »

Hi,

a word of caution. I can only speak from a friends experience with eflight. Their ebooks come as secured Acrobat PDF documents. And because of the copyprotection one has to install an old version of the Acrobat Reader, it wont work e.g. open the document with the latest version. He tried to email them but if I recall correctly he got no answer from them.

Your mileage may vary and please correct me if I am making false accusations here.

Sven

steve p
Victor
Victor

Post by steve p »

Hi Sven,

You are not alone in having problems with them. I seem to recall them getting a bit of a slating in this forum some time ago over non-delivery of products.

Best wishes
Steve P

360shed
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by 360shed »

Sven,

I've personally not had any problems with eflight, quick delivery and no issues with (3) different Acrobat versions.

They changed the security software about a year ago and now installation is a pain in the neck. However the security is a waste of time, very easy to get round after installation is complete. I've no intention of distributing the files to anyone else but removing the security makes access and backup much easier.

Jon

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Btw... is there any chance of that static model I mentioned a while back going ahead?
Sorry Toby, still not got round to doing that.
I did have a look at that api format, but was not happy about releasing any model in that format as it's not even compiled.

Is a normal Mdl any good to you?

DM

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hi DM,

'Fraid not...

The idea is in the API format, I can place it into the scenery and compile it myself, rather than you making it a 'general release'. So its a case of whether or not you trust me not to distribute said API :worried: :lol:

Toby