More Flynet Woes

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

More Flynet Woes

Post by DaveB »

John,

I've just flown from Bournemouth to St Just and on landing, the Client had locked out.. no ding.. couldn't hit 'End Flight'! I tried getting onto FlyNET and got an error page :shock:
I left it a few mins and tried again (FlyNET) and see my location as St.Just. However, my profile is still showing Hurn to St Just (in hangar) :think:

If I have to refly the run.. no problem but if I'm being shown in StJust, how am I supposed to fly it again!!??

edit.. check out the logo beneath this post and you will also notice the flight is supposed to be carrying 11pax. Interesting with only 8 seats!!
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

The doves in flynet are configured to carry 11 pax so that by itself is not an error. That does not explain you other issues.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

Looks like you've found the 'St Just Triangle' as well as your 'Scottish Triangle'.

I myself had a problem with no 'ding dongs' on landing at EGLL and checked to see that FlyNET web was down. I left the client open with the parking brake on and FS9 paused and went and watched the box for 45 mins. When I came back the flight was registered and all was well. If this occurs to you again then I think that's the best course of action to take - DON'T disconnect the client as it would appear to 'restart' itself. I have tracker=1 set in the flyNET inf file so I think this tries the reconnect.

In your particular case where it appears to have logged your new location but not the flight, I can only suggest buying a ticket to refly the route or cancel the flight and book your next one from St Just and then buy a ticket out of there. The alternative is to send the copy of your flight logs to FlyNET and wait for an admin/Konny to manually make the changes - not sure how long that would take.

If it were me, I'd buy a ticket and refly.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr John.. can't be arsed I'm afraid.

Rgr Joe.. too much time in the Rapide. Of course the Dove is configured for 11. A bad day gettting worse.

Tks

DaveB
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

If its any concelation Dave, my Client had hung tonight too. Just about to refly EDDS- EGLL... Ho Hum :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Believe it or not Ben.. it is :smile: I was begining to think that I was the only one who had problems from time to time :roll: I suppose I shouldn't complain really. It took me an hour to get from Hurn to St Just without an aircraft!! Surely some sort of record :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Are we all having fun? :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

TBH thats the first time the client has crashed like that for me since I switched the tracker off. :think:

never mind though... 1 in about 40 or so flights since the last client issue :dance:

Just out of curiosity did the tridents not fly from hubs other than EGLL? I love flying the trident, but Landing / Take off at Heathrow is a nightmare as the frame rates go to a stuter... I suppose I could always switch off my AI, but not very realistic. :wink:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben,

Yup.. FlyNET doesn't act up too often really which is something we should be grateful for.

The Tridents...
There has been quite a bit of background chat going on about these old ladies. The majority of Trident flights begin and end with Heathrow as PeterM says this is what actually happened. It does make things a little prohibitive for our VA pilots.. not least because of the problem you mention.. the Heathrow Stutters!!

Are all the Tridents based out of Heathrow Ben or just the 3's?? I can't remember off the top of my head!! :roll: John is considering movement of some of the 2's to give us some variation... I believe :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

There may be one or two at Manchester. It just stuck me that there were loads of 1-11 flights! :shock:

Think my client problem may be local to my PC today as I'm having problems when i lanch it... might download it again and reinstall. :smile:

ImageImageImage