Updated MAAM C-47...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Couldn't resist posting just one more...the BBMF's Dakota at RAF Cranwell. I'm having a lot of fun with the MAAM C-47, as you might have guessed. Okay, its not British, but it's certainly a Classic! :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Paul..

Open the aircraft.cfg in notepad and you'll find a section like this...

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type=0
Engine.0=8.333333,-10.800, -1.250000
Engine.1=8.333333, 10.800, -1.250000
fuel_flow_scalar=0.7 // was 1.0 RY
min_throttle_limit=0.02
master_ignition_switch=1
max_contrail_temperature=-25

You'll have to scroll down a bit but you can see the line fuel_flow_scalar=0.7.. don't worry about the bit after as it is remmed out ( // ) and is there for info. David's advice is to change the =0.7 to read =0.97 to give a truer fuel useage :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ah I see now! I was looking in the section entitled [Fuel], not the [GeneralEngineData] section. Thanks yet again, Dave B! :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No Problemo Paul. It's easy to 'rattle on' presuming that your intended audience knows what you're on about. Many here would have had their fingers on the pulse but others would not so never be afraid to ask :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Paul, sorry for confusing you with the fuel thing. the wife was giving me an ear full as i was typing my reply to you. just wanted you to know i had not forgot about your requests. by dave's response you have now altered the fuel scalar setting for those two aircraft.
next would be altering the aircraft.cfg to make steering on the ground much easier than the standard settings. if you have pedals and yoke with independent engine throttles, then this alteration need not apply. if you are like me then a standard flightstick with twist action, the alteration is most beneficial. please let me know if the latter and if you require help give me a shout. i will put it in laymans terms.
glad you are having fun with the DC3, hope you might join the VA one day then i have another DC3 pilot to fly with. back from the weekend cottage, not mine but the inlaws place.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yep Dave, I have just the twist-grip joystick arrangement, and I'd very much appreciate anything you can tell me. :smile:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

ok here goes, sorry for being so basic but i'll go through as you have never done this before. first start computer,once windows stops doing it's thing and you have the blue screen with icons. click on start and the following panel click on computer. then click onto program files. after that then click on microsoft games/fs9, then you should have a screen full of different folders within the flightsim program.
then open the aircraft folder. within is the complete list of all your downloaded aircraft. near the bottom will be the heading for all the maam aircraft. so lets open dc3 passenger. contained within is the texture/model/and various other folders. the two we are looking for is the Aircraft ( multi coloured pattern ) then the aircraft cfges. the latter being the program for easy steering.
first make backup copies of both,just in case things go wrong. so first open aircraft.cfges and copy all the text. this is done by pressing down on the right mouse key and holding whilst dragging down through the text. should highlight blue. if all ok then click on edit in the top windows panel and copy.
then return to the maam folder and open the aircraft folder, click mouse on top left hand corner and then move curser upto the edit on the windows panel. click on it , then a list will show. place curser on paste and click once. the text should then show in the aircraft folder above the original text.
move curser down to the original text and right click and drag down. then remove. close the folder. you will be asked about changing the text press ok. that's it now you have easy steering dc3.

within the folder there is a notice about changing the aircraft.cfg files so you may wish to read it, before changing anything. the method i used is long winded but it worked for me.

Each aircraft type has the file for easy steering, with the exception of the float plane. i did have the code but since my computer rebuild i've got to go and ask for it again. work through just a couple of aircraft types and see if you have it correct before changing all the rest.

once you have done that and are satisfied then we can look at the ifr/autopilot panel for the dc3. that file is in two parts and can be longwinded if you decide to have a good selection of the dc3's with the bendix autopilot conversion. i'll be around sunday afternoon eastern time so i'll look in to see if things are ok. best of luck.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dave, followed your instructions and it worked a treat. I've only done it on one of the MAAM Dakotas for now, and once I've carried out any further changes, I'll go through and do the others too.

So whats all this about the Bendix autopilot ? :wink:

markyp
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by markyp »

Hi all,

I have this aircraft to!

Couple of things why change the fuel scalar?? What does this do??

Also for our VA, I take it all the cfg's are different for the passenger versions for our loads and weights etc???

Has the passenger version been updated with the VC etc??

What do people do for the VA??

Thanks

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Markyp wrote:
Couple of things why change the fuel scalar?? What does this do??
Mark.. the fuel scalar controls the amount of fuel used by the engines. By changing the numbers, you can make an engine burn more or less fuel :wink:

I've only flown the default DC3 thus far on the VA and I don't like it.. not even the 'so called' 'Pro' versions tweaked by those who know about such things. In its standard form, the default model is underpowered but the tweaked versions, while giving more power also tend to feel too much like an Extra300 :shock:

I may be brave and use the MAAM model at some point (with the original 3 tank setup) but I don't really care for the main 2D a great deal and VC's are still not for me so I've no idea how much time I'll spend in it. Very little I'd guess :wink:

ATB

ImageImage