Updated MAAM C-47...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The BEA livery for it is quite stunning Paul.. one of my favourite paints for any aircraft. I've just taken DG's G-AMPY for a quickie and had a look at the BBMF paint.. excellent. :wink:

It'll be worth the wait :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote:The BEA livery for it is quite stunning Paul.. one of my favourite paints for any aircraft. I've just taken DG's G-AMPY for a quickie and had a look at the BBMF paint.. excellent. :wink:

It'll be worth the wait :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
Yep Dave, its looks very good indeed, even to my untrained eye. And of course it quite rightly adds to the appeal to potential UK buyers. Also, had a quick browse through AVSIMS collection of skins, and as expected, there's quite a few. No doubt allnodes will be the same ( see how I slip into the CBFS vernacular like a seasoned veteran :lol: ).

What with Rick's HS 748, Chipmunk, Varsity and Meteor, the Plane-Design Lancastrian, the Aerosoft DHC2, the FSDZigns Connie, and now this Dakota, I think I'm building quite a nice collection of high quality planes. I just hope they all work with FSX !

Cheers all! :smile:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

the best site to see and connect for all textures is MAAM's own web site. there are two texture sets for BKS, one with BKS london and the other was the manchester based one.
http://www.maam.org/maam_sim.html this link will take you straight to the site, click on DC3 and bingo you have hit the pot of gold. the sperry auto pilot takes some time to master. but worth the effort.
would be nice to have some more DC3 fliers in the VA, british textures of course.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dave, would that Sperry autopilot be the same as fitted to the RCS Panels' B-25 ? If so I'm familiar with it from FS2002. :smile:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

sorry i don't know the rcs B-25. if you look at the panel photo at the begining of this topic you will see the sperry. right in the middle of the panel . If you wish there are two different panel mods that bring the auto into the modern age bendix/ a twisted sperry.
on my passenger aircraft before the fs9 meltdown i had fitted the bendix. now that i'am back on fs9, the aircraft panels have not been doctored and as such flying with the sperry. i actually prefer the sperry over the bendix, gives you something to do than punch numbers in. my last post i did mention the change in the aircraft config, this makes handelling much easier.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yep, now that you've pointed it out, it looks the same sort of thing. Dave, once my MAAM C-47 arrives I'll come back to this thread and ask you about what tweaks I need to implement, if thats okay with you.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

no problem, you might get me on the VA section in the crew room. there is some cutting and moving some things about if you want an easy life moving around the airports. also download the c-47 package, worth it just for the bbmf :dance: . this aircraft and the warton need to be doctored as the fuel setting are incorrect. all the rest are ok.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Got her, and very very nice she is too! :dance:

Here's a couple of her in her BEA dress at Elvington after a very civilized circuit ( thumbnailed them cos they're a bit big ):

So chaps, what do I need to know about her that the manual doesn't tell me ? :smile:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Paul, just leaving for the cottage for a few days. here is a quick tip. download the c-47 addon. from avsim. self installing and update the c-47 with working vc cockpit. once downloaded find the folders for bbmf and the warton version. open the aircraft cfg and find the section an fuel. you will see a fuel scalar of 0.7. this should be changed from that setting to 0.97 to give a truer fuel usage.

when i get back on saturday night i'll talk you through the aircraft.cfg alterations if you need help on this matter. mainly for easier steering on the ground.

when you operate the fuel switches in either 2d or vc left mouse click to move switch to the left and right mouse click to move to the right. when in va there are only three tanks operating. engine starting is best done with control e. when you have become fully comfortable with the aircraft there is a more detailed way of starting. three switchs have to be used and it can be a pain at times.

always have aircraft setting at max to get the best from this old bird.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for the info Dave. I've downloaded the C47_AT_9 upgrade from the MAAM site, and had a look through the configs for the two models you mentioned. Not sure what a fuel scalar is, so I'll wait to hear from you. :smile: