Latest guestbook entry on TPS website

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Latest guestbook entry on TPS website

Post by TobyV »

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

What a funny world we live in. That chappie Michael managed to find DM's Trident yet rave about it on TPS :think: Odd but welcome nonetheless :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Theres links to it from our site and a bunch of repaints (not all available elsewhere :wink: ) so if he already had FS and then found the TPS site....

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

I was surprised to see that the entry before his is Adrian Millar who is my best friend's brother and currently a Training Captain on BA 777s. Probably flew with Peter McLeland looking at the dates.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Small world eh!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

speedbird591 wrote:I was surprised to see that the entry before his is Adrian Millar who is my best friend's brother and currently a Training Captain on BA 777s. Probably flew with Peter McLeland looking at the dates.
Well I have found one flight in G-AWZM from Heathrow to Dusseldorf and back on 23rd July 1977 with First Officers Millar and Egging...I expect there are more later :smile:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Out of curiosity Peter, do you remember having any particular preferred Tridents to fly, or any taht you remembered as being troublesome?

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

TobyV wrote:Out of curiosity Peter, do you remember having any particular preferred Tridents to fly, or any taht you remembered as being troublesome?
No Toby,

I never had any particular preference or dislike for any Trident as long as it was a 2 or a 3 :smile:

Same for the S111...The Vanguards had an early version of the forthcoming Merchantman...I think it might have been Echo Lima...It didn't have the proper metal pallet roller floor and the big freight door. It had a roller track down the whole port side of the interior fuselage and the freight was manhandled down that and lashed in position centre and starboard side leaving the roller track clear. I wasn't too keen on that one :smile:

The standard of engineering was very high and flying programs (Schedules) ALWAYS worked....This was quite a revelation to me after the R.A.F. where flying programs started well but slowly ground to a halt as unserviceabilities occurred with returning aircraft. Same each day...good in the morning and full of holes in the afternoon. I did have favourites in the Air Force...certain aircraft felt better or shot more accurately (I was responsible for Gun Harmonisation but there would be above average aircraft and the odd duffer...In which case I would be asked to do it again :worried: ).

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

petermcleland wrote: Well I have found one flight in G-AWZM from Heathrow to Dusseldorf and back on 23rd July 1977 with First Officers Millar and Egging...I expect there are more later :smile:
Aha! Thanks for looking that up, Peter. I'll pass a message on to the effect that his past has caught him up. You obviously trained him well for him to have achieved his current position!

Ian

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

speedbird591 wrote:
petermcleland wrote: Well I have found one flight in G-AWZM from Heathrow to Dusseldorf and back on 23rd July 1977 with First Officers Millar and Egging...I expect there are more later :smile:
Aha! Thanks for looking that up, Peter. I'll pass a message on to the effect that his past has caught him up. You obviously trained him well for him to have achieved his current position!
Well, not really...I was not a Training Captain :smile: Pass my regards, but I doubt if he will remember me :think: