Searching for a sound file..

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jonbouy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbouy »

Paul K wrote:Ummm, at the risk of being laughed and pointed at...whats allnodes ? Avsim by any chance ? :redface: '

Gary, thanks for the link in the PM. I'm going to give that a try tomorrow

I'm glad you asked that I actually googled AllNodes for about half an hour last week.

It must be better asking and getting laughed at than, not asking and doing something 'funny' :lol:

So now I'm in with the in crowd for anyone else interested 'All Nodes' have the brshrcug.zip. And Hercsnd.zip is the in the sound folder of the HP 67 package which Is on avsim as http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=33975

A good excuse to d/l the Hastings too :dance:

Jonbouy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbouy »

Aha, on the readme in the sound folder I just read that the Herc sounds were recorded from a Bristol Freighter. So I'm just gonna try it with Mike Stone's B170 with the sound update.

My Lydd fleet gets better everyday. :smile:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ed, just taken your MkII up for a circuit at Cambridge, and since I reformatted a couple of months ago the sound quality on your Lanc isn't what it used to be. Its one of those Realtek on-board arrangements, rather than something like a Soundblaster and its gone from aero engine throaty warble to football rattle-down-a-drainpipe. :k:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ah, found hercsnd.zip at onenodewasavailable.com, thanks Dave B!

Gary, am I correct in assuming that the file you linked me to is hercsund.zip with the brshrcug.zip update ?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I think so....but you could run the update again to make sure that is the sound file from the Hermes on my system.

I don't run it so I have no idea when I last used/updated it.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Okay well, many thanks to you, Dave B, Eduardo and Jonbouy. I've now got more Bristol Hercules sound effects than I can shake a stick at.

Being relatively inexperienced MS flight simmer, the expertise and willingness to help of members of this forum is very much appreciated.

Thanks again guys. :smile:

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

Paul - you know how to solve the sound card problem - get all your loose change together, go down to the computer shop and get a new one :lol:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Funny how sound and variable sound not comming out properly is the bain of my simming.

This is over two computers and various sound cards. :think:

The sounds go hollow when cycling through the views and are restored by pausing and unpausing but generally are weak and distorted. :huf:

Buying a new card may well cure the problem but it hasn't in my case.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ed Walters wrote:Paul - you know how to solve the sound card problem - get all your loose change together, go down to the computer shop and get a new one :lol:

:lol: Nah, mate. All my loose change will go on buying you a pint or six when you come over for Flying Legends next year! :green:

Gary, I sympathise. Its a bugger when your Lancaster sounds more Moulinex than Merlin. Anyway, I hope to upgrade my computer later this year in time for FSX and Oleg's Battle Of Britain, so I'll live with the poor sound quality on this one for now. I might even have a fiddle around with the settings and see if I can improve it. :smile: