A/C gone....

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

A/C gone....

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

I thought our spate of 'borrowing' aircraft had ended but I've just gone back to Brum (after landing there earlier) to find the aircraft I'd been using is now residing in Guernsey. Note that I've been using this particular aircraft for a few days. It's no great problem as there are two other aircraft there available for use but it has knocked the wind out of my sails a little :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Sorry Dave, it was me :redface: I thought it was ok to take aircraft from one of the bases, I wouldn't have pinched it from another airfield. if 'YI is still in Guernsey, I will take it to Bristol tomorrow and return to BHX with 'HK, giving those aeroplanes a more realistic base. (I assume it doesn't matter which base the particular aircraft are at as long as the balance of machines is the same at the end of the day.)

Fraser

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No Prob Fraser :wink:

As I said, I'd not been left without an aircraft but.. not wanting to 'crack open' the other aircraft at 100%, I felt a little uneasy at taking HT in case you turned up sharpish and found it gone! :shock: Nice though as I've not flown that livery before!! :wink:
I noticed the Viscount fleet seems to have moved around a bit so a big 'Thumbs Up' if you've been moving them around to more suitable locations :wink:

Think I'll go for a few more 'heavy' landings in the VC9 next :shock: Talking of which, I have EP's Ops Manual Vol1 - Flight Management here which I've borrowed with the intention of scanning it. A copy will be winging it's way up to Viscount Towers when done :wink:

[Edit] Fraser, if you feel like it.. make a note of all 'displaced' Viscounts and as long as there aren't gallons of 'em, I'll see what I can do about helping you get them to more suitable locations.. perhaps even transfering the odd one or two :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Cheers Dave :wink:

The aircraft are just about as close as they're gonna get now, given those we have to play with, and should finish up as follows:

GLA: AOJF,AOHH,AOHL (BEA Scottish)

BHX: AOHK,AOHT,AOYL (BEA CI EXCEPT 'YL)

BRS:AOYG,AOYI,APIM (Cambrian)

LHR:AOYO,AOYR,AOYS (BAS Mix)

LGW:APEX AVNJ,AZNH (OUT OF PLACE)

Still think it would be better to dump LGW and LHR in favour of bases at Leeds and East Midlands(need some BMA a/c; AZLP etc), if we're restricted to five bases, and a Jersey base would be nice :smile: .

Cheers

Fraser

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that Fraser :wink:

I'm in favour of Jersey and East Mids being a home and I keep away from LHR and LGW.

Will see what can be done :wink:

ATB

ImageImage