Fairey Hendon help...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jonbouy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Fairey Hendon help...

Post by Jonbouy »

Information on this bird is as rare as Rocking Horse doodoo, and if it's on the net I've prolly come across it already.

I'm quite pleased with the visual model so far (although even that has involved a lot of guesstimation), but I'm running out of road as further progress goes.

Any information that anyone has lying around will be gratefully recieved particularly with regard to the layout internally, crew stations etc. I suppose a 1937, 38 squadron vet is a tall order!!!

I can be contacted on jonbouyw(AT)yahoo.co.uk. Meanwhile a wee teaser...

NOTE the faired nose for this Virtual Transatlantic race version...release version will sport the turret .

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Searched through my "little library" but all I could find was this picture.

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Did Matchbox models do the Hendon? I seem to recall it from my ageing grey matter?? if so maybe a model collector would have the 3 view drawings that could be scanned in?..justa thought, probably no help at all..
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Ok found this link may help re locating the model, try contacting the builder??
http://apma.org.au/membersmodels/jim_travis/fairey.html
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

steve p
Victor
Victor

Post by steve p »

Tony,

The Matchbox kit was of the HP Heyford. There was a pretty crude vacform of the Hendon though.

Ian Huntley, who used to write for Scale Aircraft Modelling did articles on the Hendon from time to time. Perhaps someone has a copy...

Best wishes
Steve P

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

steve p wrote:Ian Huntley, who used to write for Scale Aircraft Modelling did articles on the Hendon from time to time. Perhaps someone has a copy...
Thats an unfortunate name :redface:

Seems theres actually quite a lot including some good side views on the net, just from a very quick google search.

Jonbouy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbouy »

TobyV wrote: Seems theres actually quite a lot including some good side views on the net, just from a very quick google search.
Yes, whats out there has enabled me to get this far, including the superb side view from the excellent British Aircraft Directory at http://www.britishaircraft.co.uk/

Incidentally the pic you posted above was the original inspiration for me to get started.

Tony's suggestion of contacting the model maker on the link is a good one, I used the pics for reference quite a bit.

Thanks for your eye in on this one, I noticed from doing the Carvair recently I knew a lot more about the plane AFTER I built the model than I did when I started it.

Regards

Jon

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Jonbouy wrote:Incidentally the pic you posted above was the original inspiration for me to get started.
Oh well :lol:
Jonbouy wrote:I noticed from doing the Carvair recently I knew a lot more about the plane AFTER I built the model than I did when I started it.
Yup, I get that with my sceneries, to the extent I am seriously considering writing a book on one airfield, and possibly another at some point in the future when the time is right!

Jonbouy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbouy »

:smile: :smile: :smile:

btw Toby whereabouts on the South Coast are you? I'm just to the left of Hastings looking south from London :dance:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Sunny (actually very sunny at the moment) Worthing. Btw, JB, you should be able to delete the excess posts by clicking the little "x" in the top right corner when you edit them.