VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

markyp
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Question

Post by markyp »

Hi all,

I am rated on the DH89 and also the Dove.

When I go to book flight i only have options for flights where I have landed in the DH89 and the DH89 as the a/c

1. How do I buy a ticket to go elsewhere?
2. If I want to fly a Dove elsewhere how do I do it as I can only get flights from St MAry's where I landed last and the DH89??

Thanks

Mark

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Mark

To buy a ticket you need to go to your profile page on Flynet and at the top you will find the "Buy Ticket" option. Click on that and choose your destination. You will lose some of your virtual beer chits, but it gets you somewhere else fast.

Choose a destination that has Doves and DH89s and then book any flight you want from there.

Hope that helps.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Mark,

Tony's information is spot on so it's not worth even trying to elaborate. However, it might be worth pointing out that while the Dove is able to carry pax, it was introduced to the VA as a 'stop gap' aircraft for pilots without their own 'Private' aircraft.. which at present is ALL of us :shock:

John made a post in Aircraft and Routes which you might find useful as this lists all the current 'Aircraft' bases. It will also be useful for you to choose a-n-other aircraft to be type rated on as the majority of our fleet consists of these 'Other' aircraft.

As far as the DH89 is concerned, you can actually get from one end of the country to the other if you spend a little time researching your possible routes beforehand. Be aware though that if you take a Rapide from it's 'Base' airfield, you will be expected to return it at some point :wink: The East Coast isn't particularly well covered but the routes 'as are' come from actual documentation so there weren't any. Cutoff airfield between South and North is Cardiff. There are flights from Cardiff to Liverpool and from Liverpool, you can use a Dove to get up to Glasgow which opens up another vast Rapide operating area. My advice would be to get yourself type-rated on your next favourite aircraft which will in turn, open up more areas to explore :wink:

I agree that checking the 'Flights From... Location' on Flynet can be a little misleading as many of those published assume you have flown a particular aircraft there. Perhaps this can be modified in future :smile:

Regards

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!