Robert Sanderson takes Hurries to the desert

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

A really strange thing happened. After reading about the air file problem it happened to me! Didn't happen the first time around and hasn't happened since, :lol: :doh:

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

oh, well..the same old HAUNTED Hurricane..hehehe :dance:

Robert Sanderson
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Hurricane IId temporary patch

Post by Robert Sanderson »

This is just a quick heads up for anyone interested in the IId. I’m releasing a patch very soon to correct some problems with the original release. Some folks reported a pitch oscillation that either comes and goes, or is a permanent feature at airspeeds of over 250 KIAS. With that in mind, the flight dynamics have been modified to ensure pitch stability up to 450 KIAS, which is more than enough of a buffer for normal ops, since it’s 130 mph over the 390 mph indicated Vne for the Hurricane.

The accelerated stall characteristics have also been changed; it will now easily spin out of the top of the turn in an accelerated stall. The departure is abrupt, and fairly vicious, with autorotation developing rather quickly. Recovery from this at low altitudes is not possible, but with enough air below you, a standard spin recovery is sufficient to get the plane flying again.

A texture problem with the artificial horizon has been corrected; the background was transparent, allowing the panel to show through.

The temporary update is available here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... D221374E5F

I’d appreciate feedback as to whether any problems remain after installing it.

There will be a permanent patch issued this weekend, look for it at Avsim, Simviation, and Flightsim.com. This will incorporate the bug fixes listed above, and will include a new model file to correct a drawing order problem with the armored glass windshield on the exterior visual model.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Best regards to all,

Robert

Blister
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Blister »

Robert Sanderson? Here? In our Forum? All I can say is WE WALK AMONGST GIANTS! :dance:

B
If the good old days were as bad as today - then we are up to our necks in it!

Robert Sanderson
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Robert Sanderson »

Robert Sanderson? Here? In our Forum? All I can say is WE WALK AMONGST GIANTS!

Naw, I'm just the same as everybody else Blister. I've been a member here since 2004, but I never have time to get around and look at the forums anymore. :sad:

Someone alerted me to this thread, so I thought I'd better post a link to the temporary patch.

Take care,

Robert

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Heads up! The patch has been posed on Avsim. Search the new files for Hurricane IId Patch Version 1.1.