TinMouse classic 737

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

TinMouse classic 737

Post by VEGAS »

Hi all,

anyone else got the Tinmouse II 737? Just downloaded it and its excellent. The model, sounds and panel are all up there with Cantu's finest. Has this model been done by him as well? :think:

Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Great looking model Eddie

Pic one looks like you flying really low or are you another one that keeps the cast shadows off.....problem is it doesn't look like it's on the ground

:lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Garry Russell wrote:Great looking model Eddie

Pic one looks like you flying really low or are you another one that keeps the cast shadows off.....problem is it doesn't look like it's on the ground

:lol: :lol:

Garry
Yeah I think I've turned it off for one reason or another and then forgotten to turn it back on again. Well spotted Garry.

It was a cloudy day though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

andy

Post by andy »

Shadows do effect your frame rates. Aircraft shadows aren't too bad for it, but if you have "ground scenery casts shadows" selected, it can reduce the frame rates by 25%. :wink:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Good reason for turning them off...but I always turn them back on for screen shots if on the ground. :wink:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

That thing got hushkits on?
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

jonesey2k wrote:That thing got hushkits on?
Afirm.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

Model's by Flight1. Erick may have the personality of a lettuce but his model still rules!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yeah, the model is the dead-in-the-water Dreamfleet 737-200, but the instructions include information on how to get the TM panel to work with Erick's model.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Eddie - I'm a great fan of this one, too. I've been flying it for a couple of weeks and it's so good I haven't flown much else. Still waiting for the novelty to wear off, but no sign of it yet!

I use the terrific tinmouse panel and sound with the equally terrific Erick Cantu FFX 732, which is a superior model to the one provided, and of course there are a huge amount of repaints available (including Tony Madge's Britannia). Philip Foglar has reworked the FDE for the Cantu aircraft which is a subtle improvement (check this post on the HJG forum. http://tonymadgehjg.proboards98.com/ind ... 1151567980). Or search for kittyhawk_737_fde_update.zip on Avsim. This FDE works perfectly with the timouse panel - the only alteration it needed was to the [radios] section in the aircraft.cfg file to work correctly with the panel. And of course redirecting the "sim=" entries for the aircraft to the differently named .air file.

There is a specific support forum for the Tinmouse panel on Avsim (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az= ... &forum=253) and all the early bugs have been fixed with 3 small patches 2,3 &4 (1 incorporated in 2)) - see the forum.

It's not as much effort to set up as it sounds, but boy is it worth it!

Ian :smile: