Time for a new case..

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

It would take me hours to swap my PSU as Ive spent allmost as long making sure all of the cables are hidden and out of the airflow ect :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I thought you'd have had those trendy 'skinny' cables that don't need much tucking out of the way mate :lol: I used to be a good boy and tidy up in there but my cable ties were downstairs and thus too far to pick up :-$ :worried:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

DaveB wrote:Hi Chris,

I'd not come across this before and only learned about it from my AM as he'd just had to buy a new PSU (from PC World.. and it took two before he got one to work!! :lol: :lol: ). On the one he had, the last bit slid into the other bit which made it obvious but mine was all in one with the plastic connector a wee bit thinner on the area where it could be separated.
I have to say, it does come with a load of outputs considering its (now reasonably low) pwr output. Especially liked the dedicated SATA plugs :wink:
I'll leave changing the psu for now as it's taken me a fortnight to motivate myself into getting this far but I will do it.. honest!! :worried: :-$ :-# :wink:

ATB

I believe the extra bits are for PCI-E motherboards, but I could be wrong (as usual). :think:

AndyG

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

DaveB wrote::lol: :lol:

I thought you'd have had those trendy 'skinny' cables that don't need much tucking out of the way mate :lol: I used to be a good boy and tidy up in there but my cable ties were downstairs and thus too far to pick up :-$ :worried:

ATB

Its not just the IDE/FDD and SATA cables, its the power cables that are the worst :smile:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Andy,

No.. not in this case (no pun intended). There are separate (and marked) PCIe connectors.. not that I have PCIe :roll: I gather from what Chris said that newer mobo's come with a 24pin socket instead of the more traditional 20pin affair. I dunno mate.. all mumbo-jumbo to me :smile:

Eddie wrote:
Its not just the IDE/FDD and SATA cables, its the power cables that are the worst :smile:
Strewth mate.. you are keen!! :shock:

ATB

ImageImage

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

DaveB wrote:Hi Andy,

No.. not in this case (no pun intended). There are separate (and marked) PCIe connectors.. not that I have PCIe :roll: I gather from what Chris said that newer mobo's come with a 24pin socket instead of the more traditional 20pin affair. I dunno mate.. all mumbo-jumbo to me :smile:

ATB

Who knows! If only you could run FS on an Amstrad 1512! :think: :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

You laugh mate.. I have one of those here plus the Amstrad attempt at making a portable. Looks like getto(sp) blaster with a little green screen and takes a zillion batteries :lol: Might be worth something one day :think:

ATB

ImageImage