New FSX Video

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

andy

Post by andy »

Probably best to start with an overdraft facility............ :smile: :lol:

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

Maybe It's time for the tail to wag the Dog
maybe a petition to M$
Add the GPS pro for free ,or we won't buy it for a year or whenever
NO GPS PRO :tuttut:
NO JOES CASH :huf:
I can understand the develepors program and
a few other things being more but this looks like
a :poke: stick up for a addon I can already
have...... FREE and already installed

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Nigel H-J wrote::doh: All I get from that link is the vocals.......Just leaving me with my imagination to fill in for the lack of video presentation!!
You're doing better than me Nigel, I cant get it to work at all... darn MMS rubbish. Unlike Channel 4 they arent so daft that replacing the protocol with http allows you to download it :doh: :lol:

To answer your question I suspect they either have bespoke equipment, the very best that money can buy or possibly a number of average machines wired together. I remember when I worked at a (professional) flightsim company in early 2000 (when most of us had PCs with CPU speeds in the early 100s of MHz) that they had a special machine that was effectively four 333Mhz PowerPCs in one wired up to give the effect of a single 1300Mhz machine.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks for the info TobyV......Now that probably explains why they are unable to determine the minimum specification for running FSX at this time and might very well have to take Steves' suggestion seriously.......overdraft!!......though the wife would have something to say about that no doubt :argue:

As for the vocals Toby, I could record it for you but think you would find that after a few minutes you would rather watch a silent movie than the seemingly endless stream of the usual salesman talk...........Would have been much more entertaining had Jeremy Clarkson done it instead!!!! :redface: :worried: :think: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Jeremy Clarkson probably would have pointed out the mission where you have to buy a plane for $50,000 or less to carry an Albanian illegal immigrant, 6 kilos of dope and quantity of diamonds across the channel without crashing or getting caught. :lol:

....and he probably would have crashed and burned the Cessna Caravan :lol: :lol:

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

silence is golden
>>>
for M$

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Is it true that this version will run from a DVD drive and thus no stutters? That's what I heard.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Jetset wrote:Is it true that this version will run from a DVD drive and thus no stutters? That's what I heard.
DVD drive is true,
Stutters is yet to be determined.

I wonder how long will it be before someone comes out with the 'NO DVD' patch.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.