July Stats

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi DM,

I was thinking of a very similar place to start!! I shall 'make it so' too and see what the hell pop's out :wink: A bit of extra weight will be most welcome as I've been getting nervous of overspeeds on the reduced scalar numbers :worried:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Jolly good DB, we'll see what pops out. :smile:

I was planning another CBFS Vanguard jaunt myself but am stuck in limbo at the moment.
Sadly no bing bong upon VC9 arrival in Dublin this evening.
Client suggested I email a file to FlyNet which I did. Never had that before & am not sure what to do. Wonder if I'm at Dublin or at East Midlands. :think:
Will leave it until tomorrow.

DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo DM,

I've just 'made' a flight using FSNav (nav to nav) LHR to Aldergrove and tanked up with 3990kg (for want of somewhere to start). One thing I didn't do was start from cold (too late by the time I thought about it) but I've landed with 1642kg rem at shutdown. Flight was 288.4nm and lasted a total of 1hr 6mins. Start was from 27R (I normally start from somewhere more realistic but was watching the clock) so.. add startup and taxi to the 2356kg burned and .84 isn't far off what we're looking for. Now.. there are a couple of things that could influence this even more.. cruise alt for one (my flight was at FL150) but they're academic me thinks.

What do you think??

ATB

ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Well it's better isn't it.
Perhaps if we go for .84 & see what it looks like on the stats after a few flights.

Could be that it needs a nudge upward.
I was testing mine at FL130.

DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that mate :wink:

I use FL150 for all my VC9 flights though I'd like to go a bit higher to be honest. That said, one particular flight (MAN to GLA) has me at alt for all of 6mins so I stuck with 15k as a 'one alt fits all' :smile: Similar to the same with the Viscount's though I go a little lower (14k) :wink:

In the meantime, I'll try and run LHR to LIN (as in PeterM's flight in EP's Tech Log) and see how she does then. I've a feeling it's not gonna be too far off :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

MALTBY D wrote:I was planning another CBFS Vanguard jaunt myself but am stuck in limbo at the moment.
Sadly no bing bong upon VC9 arrival in Dublin this evening.
Client suggested I email a file to FlyNet which I did. Never had that before & am not sure what to do. Wonder if I'm at Dublin or at East Midlands.
Hi Dave,

I've had this once before where I e-mailed the .out files. You can carry on flying - FlyNET still see you at EGNX. When the admins or whoever play catch-up with your limbo flight you will suddenly find yourself and the aircraft I think in EIDW. You'll then have to carry on from EIDW.

Had your modem lost connection when you put the parking brake on ? If it had, you could try this to ensure it doesn't happen again. Minimise your game while you check a positive internet connection before you apply the parking brake.

I had an instance a few weeks ago where the 'bing-bongs' didn't happen, waited a few minutes, still nothing. I paused the game and left the client alone and went watched the box for half an hour. When I came back the flight had been logged.

I suspect that when you trigger the client to end the flight and compile the report it a) checks your internet conn, and b) tries to communicate with the database. If a) finds no connection it compiles the Flight Report and gives you the message to email your .out files. If a) is ok but it can't find the database, I reckon it keeps trying until it does.

If your modem conn was good, then that blows that theory out of the water lol.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

DM..

Have just completed LHR to LIN with .84 dialled in. Startup to shutdown took me longer at 2hrs 18mins (though flight time was slightly less) but.. fuel remaining at shutdown was 9023kg, a mere 95kg more than Peter's hop in the real thing :dance:
One thing I didn't do (again.. I thought about it too late) was load the actual weather up for the day of Peter's flight. This would have made some impact but it would only be one of many variables that could be tweaked.

I dunno about you my friend but I'd say that's close :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

That'll do for me Dave, but I'm surprised you're happy with 95kg out!
.83998 maybe :lol:

Roger on that one John. I'll try that out.
The FlyNet folk did update me & I'm now in Dublin. Quite impressed with that.

Modem was still connected, but the internet apparently wasn't working so it gave up trying.
So if I'd dropped it & reconnected, before putting the brakes on, it may well have gone through.
May try that out tomorrow, as well as a proper flight in the .84 Vanguard.
Had forgot we were going out tonight.
What, Out?!. As in out of the house?! :k:

DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. Thursday night.. pub quiz?? :shock: No, maybe not (unless you have a baby sitter) :lol:

.84 will do a treat DM although I see where you're coming from :redface: Were it a new model, I'd guess it needed to be a little more slippery and the engines a tad more thirsty but this'll do fine for an old lady :wink: Looking again at EP's last flight from Belfast to Coventry, they didn't confirm weight until on the taxiway and it's difficult to tell with video editing how long they'd been run up. Peter's routine would undoubtedly have been very similar so we'll take what we have :wink:

It's a pity LHR to LIN (Linate - Milan) isn't on the VA schedule as it's an interesting flight if a bit long for me. Not once did FSNav threaten to dump me into the Alps!! :lol:

Have a good night out :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just completed EGPH - EGLL in real world weather. 2349kg with a scalar of 0.84 and a flight time of just over the hour. So compared to the trip up thats about an extra 500kg of fuel. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage