What the...

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

MALTBY D
The Gurus

What the...

Post by MALTBY D »

According to the flight reports, poor Scott Ford crashed F100 G-UKFA about 15 times on landing at Norwich on his first flight.
Should we just send his P45 to Norwich General?

Is this for real or is FlyNet going a bit wonky?

DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought he'd had the odd prob but surely, that's not possible (and don't call me Shirley) :roll: Did he do this while FlyNET was having the odd wobble?? :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

When he gets better, he may come in and tell us what happened. :think:

The way the reports read, he must have crash landed at about 350 knots, split into five pieces, each one tumbling along the runway, registering another 250kt speed limit infringement and crash landing with every bounce.

Not to worry FlyNet reckon G-UKFA is still worth 23 mil :lol:
Heck, they really built those things.

DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Makes a 320fpm landing in the Rapide seem trivial :lol:

Btw Dave.. that minus fuel reading I got in the Rapide..
I seem to remember it was while I was up in the Highlands and Islands. I have an RKG Fuel gauge on the panel (so I can work in kg's!!) and noted it was flashing red (under 43kg remaining) as I came in to land at Tingwall. The runway there is the width of a footpath so I totally lost it from view and held on. I managed to get it down (heavy) and noted that I had full tanks as I turned off to park!! :shock:
I didn't know what to do and didn't feel like binning the gas so continued on around the other islands. Where the gas came from I have no idea and I KNOW I was low at this point as the RKG was flashing :think:

I dunno but I get a feeling that if two aircraft land at exactly the same time.. this may cause this sort of hiccup. It's like the 400-odd fpm landing I recorded at Glasgow in the Dove. NO WAY was it anything close to that.. 10.. 15 maybe but 400??? Hell No. I know it didn't really happen but I can't explain why it was recorded :roll:

There are a couple of other runs you may be able to see.. one of 1806nm and another at 1982nm... neither of which were even vaguely close to this! It all add's to the mystery of online flying though!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi DM,

I got a message from Scott re this last night. His PC crashed and he had to reboot. When he went back to fly the route again, the client had reported the flight 5 times! Initial report had one crash and subsequent reports increased crash number by 1, so that the fifth report reckons he crashed 5 times. I've PM'd Konny to try and revert everything back as poor Scott hasn't even completed a flight yet and his pilot rating is at -65%. At that rating he'll NEVER EVER carry any passengers or cargo. Scotts got a couple of weeks hols now, so hopefully Konny can wave his magic wand.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't ya love it when a plan comes together :lol: Let's hope Konny can clear this up :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

I'm glad that didn't happen to me on my first flight!

I do feel for Scott. Don't know if he was the same, but I felt like you were all watching me on my first go. :worried:
I'm sure Konny will be able to sort it.

Could have had another crash last night.
On a gusty & quite scary approach into Belfast.
Off goes FS, slowly rebuilding the desktop where I'm asked if I want to reconnect my modem. Why that would be just dandy, thankyou. :axe:
15 seconds seemed quite a long time as my Argosy hurtled along without me. :lol:

DM
Last edited by MALTBY D on 03 Aug 2006, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Still waiting for Konny to pick up his PM :doh:

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys

Konny has rectified the situation regarding these false client reports. Scott's only loss is a bit of compensation paid to the pax for the delayed flight, although I've asked if this can be credited back to him. The aircraft and Scott are both in Norwich and the maintenance state is back to pre-flight status.

DM, if you picked up those flight reports for the VA stats they can all be deleted.

Rgds

John

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

john could you try and get a refund for my $1500.00 ticket from heathrow to manchester.