Best and worst of Payware

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The two year lead we had over our cousins would have helped no end though I get the feeling a combination of government and airline would still have done their best to cock it up :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

two years??

Lets see when did the 707/Dc8 enter serivce???

Hmm little more than that - plus the overseas sales wouldnt have gone byebye

<Might have seen CP and even <gasp> Pan Am colours long before Boeing and Douglas's efforts - the influx of funds might have made a hell of a difference

But then again this is in the same vain as "What if King Harold had a Challenger tank at the battle of Hastings" isnt it?

LOLOLOLOL

Leif

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The Pan Am Comet 3's were on the line when the project was halted and all production was abandoned in lieu of the restructured Comet 4.

With the 3 in service it may have meant that the V.1000 (VC-7) was needed by BOAC as a follow on from the Comet and in that case the VC 10 would probably never have existed...not as it was, because the runways would have been lengthened years before.

Trans Atlantic would have been about early 55 instead of late 58, so yet travel would be about three years ahead of where it is.

The DC-7C and L-1049 would not have been built in such large numbers and the Starliners would not have been designed as those markets would have been covered by the earlier advent of jets.

No one really knows but it would have been different.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I was being very conservative with my '2 years' quote in case a barrage of 'we did it first' came over the top but yes.. an interesting question Leif, subsequently beefed up by Garry :smile:

I was going to add something constructive like 'we shouldn't dwell in the past' but if that were so, none of us would be here!! :lol: :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

chockhead819
Meteor
Meteor

my hate is

Post by chockhead819 »

SEAHAWK & USS BOXER, What a pile of poo, just kept freezing my pc.

Stanley130
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Stanley130 »

For me the best are products by Captain Sim! Enjoy them all!
The worst are Abacus - waste of money. :huf:

GeorgeG
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by GeorgeG »

Best for me has to be the aerosoft Commuter airliners package, which included:

ATR42's and 72's in various liveries plus excellent panel and sounds
BAe 146-200 and -300 in various liveries plus excellent panel and sounds
Airbus A319 and A320, aircraft model was not good (well not when compared to ifdg at least), but panel is excellent as are the sounds.

In addition it has a thick paper manual with panel guides, checklists and typical flight profiles for each aircraft. All I paid was £15, really was the best thing I ever bought for flightsim.
-George (aka His Holiness ;-))

Tommy_Tudger
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Best and worst

Post by Tommy_Tudger »

Anything from
SimWings
Aeroworx
LDS
Digital Aviation
FS Navigator

For those slagging Abacus, well without them we wouldnt have 1-11's, VC10's (not that one) 748's and a raft of other great kit.

Masses of freeware scenery but my No.1 has to be CanarySim.

Worst :
There are a few from UK suppliers that are over rated, expensive and treat you like a child when asking for support. An Italian outfit. CaptainSim for never releasing a full product or refusing to correct mistakes and treating us like kids..blocks Good God I stopped Lego 30 years ago. The zillions who put out false claims regarding product.

T.T.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi TT

I Agree about Abacus.

they might not produce cutting edge payware models these days but they do supply me with the tools to make almost cutting edge models :wink:

Regards
Rick :smile:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The Abacus that is 'slagged' is the company now known as First Class Simulations

This is nothing to do with Abacus the creator of FSDS, Fs Repaint and other superb programmes.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."