Best and worst of Payware

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

andy

Post by andy »

Abacus Publications have given us the excellent FSDS program, without which, many of the excellent freeware aircraft would not be available. :smile:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

For me the best Payware I own has to come from the likes of Aerosoft (for their Tri-star!) and Carenado's products look superb.

The worst has to be that default look-a-like 737 in Air France livery that Garry mentioned a few days ago. :sicky:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

An older bigger boy told me to! :sad: :worried:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Town of_Hgate
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Town of_Hgate »

DaveB wrote:
No one bought DC's Trident :shock: :-$

:lol: :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
I stand testimony to that. It has been in front of over half a million people and no one has bought it from my store, an awful lot of people however really like the VC10 (and yes we allow everyone a tryout of the aircraft on computer before they buy it).

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya ToH :smile:

I suspect that many.. the majority of customers who buy the VC10 are not aware of the freeware version or are those kind of folk that presume that freeware is junk and payware is 'the business'.. well it must be as they've paid for it!! :wink:

I actually bought the payware version not long after it came out to see how it compared to ours and ok.. you can consider me more than a little biased but subjectively.. it doesn't hold a candle to the freeware model in any respect. The few that would say the payware model is better than DM's must have little or no experience of the real thing but good luck to them. Without such folk, you'd be hard pushed to make a living and each to their own :wink:

Btw.. I didn't buy the Trident for comparison. Seeing the screenshots and my experience with the VC10 was enough :tuttut:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Try before you buy is probably the reason it can't be sold.

On the box it is pics of the real aircraft or at least on the bit they show on the net........and looks good..........inside is something else.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Town of_Hgate
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Town of_Hgate »

To be honest I think people just are not interested in the Trident as it was not a particularly well liked aircraft when it was flying for real.

But you are right about the horses for courses situation, I have had people pick up titles that we have on display and tell me they are "crap" because they are too complicated. They just want to "jump in something" and hoon about the place :lol:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

To be honest I think people just are not interested in the Trident as it was not a particularly well liked aircraft when it was flying for real.
Dont come on my forum and say that :axe:

:lol:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

That Trident and VC10 try before you buy sounds like a great idea. Although I think perhaps the wording should read - TRY BEFORE YOU CRY. :poke:

BTW as a nipper, I never ever heard a bad word said about the Tridents when they flew into EGCC. :tuttut:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

VEGAS wrote:BTW as a nipper, I never ever heard a bad word said about the Tridents when they flew into EGCC. :tuttut:
As a nipper I never heard a bad word said when a Trident was on the flightpath for Gatwick; ah noise reduction, tis a wonderful thing!!! :lol:

AndyG