Just back after a Re-format!!!!

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Jonesey, sounds very much like a memory issue mate. I had this a few weeks ago with 2 sticks of Geil RAM. RMA'd it with OcUK, got a new stick and all is well now.

Try running memtest, although this doesn't always show up any errors.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Charlie Bravo wrote:Jonesey, sounds very much like a memory issue mate. I had this a few weeks ago with 2 sticks of Geil RAM. RMA'd it with OcUK, got a new stick and all is well now.

Try running memtest, although this doesn't always show up any errors.
Yep, I'm with CB on this one. Those symptoms are identical to the problems I was having, which seemed as good an excuse as any to ditch the 2 x 512 and switch to 2 x 1GB sticks. :smile:

AndyG

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Well I just ran memtest for a couple of hours and didnt have any failures. Even when overclocked. In fact just seems to be FS BSODing me now for some reason. Passes Prime95 too.
Just ran FEAR for a while overclocked and seems fine. Im thinking maybe its something to do with FS. I did recently install Tongass Fjords and the Aeroworx KingAir but when would it just start happening after Ive had them going a week with no problems?
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

As I said, Memtest doesn't always show up errors. I ran a faulty stick for over 12 hours with no faults. Boot into Windows however and it locked within minutes.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.