One for Robbie..

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

One for Robbie..

Post by DaveB »

Hi Robbie,

Here's that shot.. made a little smaller for the forum.. but with the sticker enlarged :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Is that the hallowed Vanguard cockpit? :shock: I have never got that far. On the rare occasions APEP is open theres always been a small crowd of old blokes having a 'closed' conversation in the cockpit and it seems rude even to stand too close lest one appear to be eavesdropping :worried:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The Blokes to whom you refer are probly the guys who keep her going, and take care of her. On my trip down to the Left hand seat, they had some facinating stories to tell, could have spend the whole day just listening to them. A charming bunch of Gents. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I recognise most of the gents who steward at Brooklands as I go quite frequently and I dont think its any of them. Usually they are very welcoming and I have had a good chat with quite a few of them. It could just be that I am too shy to interuppt :dunno:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. the inner sanctum :lol: The Vanguard crew are not Stewards Toby so you won't see them out and about.. other than tinkering about in the vicinity of EP :wink: Anyway.. you've not seen that before?? Does that mean you DON'T have Rick's Vanguard, Frasers panel or my views for it :shock: :tuttut: :shock: :-$ :worried:

:lol: :lol:

The reason for the shot is that Robbie was the guy who put that sticker where it is many moons ago :wink:

I wish I knew how to get VHS(c) to digital as I'd love to make and post a clip of just how noisey it is on the flightdeck (cockpit indeed!!) with 4 Tynes running. One day maybe :think:

ATB

ImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I do have Rick's Vanguard, but only in FS02. I do have the kit to get VHS tape onto the PC though :wink:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

DaveB wrote:I'd love to make and post a clip of just how noisey it is on the flightdeck (cockpit indeed!!) with 4 Tynes running. One day maybe :think: :
Hi Dave,

Forgive this totally stupid and daft question thats about to follow mate, but I have never been to Brooklands and after reading your post just wondered, does the 953 perform engine/taxi runs?

ATB
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

She used to:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0598755/L/

No runway anymore but I think they can still run the engines up in situe just about.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hi Toby,

Cheers for that and cracking picture BTW! :smile:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

One of many Eddie :wink: If you fly Ricks Vanguard with Frasers panel, the panel came with the views I made so you are looking inside a bonafide Vanguard 953c Merchantman.. one of the few if not the only surviving example :wink: She has recently done an engine run (see the Viscount thread on CBFS) and hopes to do more. As Toby said.. the runway is now long gone and occupied by Chrysler/Mercedes although the very end bit to the south of Wellington way (where the section of banked race track was removed) is still there.

Toby.. Do you have an adaptor for VHS(c) as well?? If so, I'll be happy to post the tape for you to work some digital magic on :wink: I turned up for an engine run (while on the airfield) and got dragged onboard :shock: It sort of buggered up my intention of getting some nice startup/idle/reverse sounds but hey.. being on the flightdeck, I didn't care much!! :lol: PM me your address again and I'll get the little tinker off :wink: Great stuff :wink:

ATB

ImageImage