radiocd4 gauge for Fs9

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

radiocd4 gauge for Fs9

Post by hobby »

I downloaded the above gauge for Fs9 by R L Clark some months ago. I am a great fan of Glenn Miller and I have a number of CDs of his music.
I would like to use this gauge in one or two of my panels but I do not possess an Mp3 player so I do not know how to place the music on a CD onto my computer.

I always have to have Disc 4 in my computer when flying with Fs9 so I suppose I have to record a Glenn Miller CD on my computer, while not flying Fs9, to a computer file somewhere, (does it then have to be zipped into a zip file to save computer disk space?), and then using the radiocd4.gau select the music (zip?) file and then play it via the 'radio' mode in the radiocd4 gauge.

Can anyone tell me the best method of placing the desired selection of tunes onto my computer since I obviously cannot use my computer CD play tray to play a CD while I am flying in FS9?

This all began because I started to play music on my Bill Lyons Grumman Goose during island hops using the radio gauges provided with the aircraft which contained music Bill Lyons had built into them.

There is also some atmospheric 1940s music on the B26 radio gauge by R L Clark which is fun to listen to. In the mid 1950s I was a passenger in an RAF Anson flying over Somerset and enjoyed listening to the Test Match commentary which the pilot had tuned to and supplied to us via our headphones. We had a real Royal Air force of some strength in those days!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Hobby,

There is a very simple solution to your problem. Get the FS9 No CD patch!! Presuming you have patched FS9 to v9.1, use THIS to free your cd drive then set about worrying how to get mp3's to work. Make sure you backup your original exe file to a safe place then simply drop this into your FS9 root directory (not the zip.. the file it contains) :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

radiocd4 gauge for Fs9

Post by hobby »

Many thanks Dave, Best wishes, Hobby

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

You are very welcome :wink:

As far as mp3's (or making cd tracks into mp3 format).. I'm not a big fan of the default sound/music prog (Windows Media Player) but this should be able to 'rip' tracks to mp3 format for you. Ideally, you could make a folder to plonk all of your fave 40's/50's tracks into and point the gauge to that directory.

Any probs, call back as I'm sure one of the sound/music boff's will be able to put you straight :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!