downloading the Vangard.

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi BR1970 and rgr that :wink:

M$ Paint?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :-$ :-#

Surely you must have something a tad more advanced than that :think:

I normally fly lower than what the VC9 actually flew due to the routes I use and FSNav (eg.. I CBA to keep changing the alt info!) and the bottom line is that at my norm of FL150, depending on weight, I either see 258kts or.. with around 4000kg or less of fuel onboard (pax at 12T).. as high as 260kts (KIAS) :wink: It doesn't seem it but the Vanguard is Scarebus A320 sized. She's a big piece of metal but those Tynes did (eventually) pull her along at a very respectable speed :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

As you say DB it was Scarebus sized

The Vanguard was it used the Viscounts enormous windows making the whole aircraft look smaller than it really was.

The props were 14 foot Six inches.

Truly a magnificent beast.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

DaveB wrote:Hi BR1970 and rgr that :wink:

M$ Paint?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :-$ :-#

Surely you must have something a tad more advanced than that :think:
lol yeah I need to reinstall infraview, I am not much of a artist, I am more of a tecnical guy. so I mainly use my image software to play with screenshots....

one thing I have noticed with RP turboprops. (not that it is in anyway his fault) is that when you load a saved flight, I have to pause it imedieatly so I can make sure I won't fall out of the sky or something else about as bad. I how fsX improves its flight saves, I would put fs as one of the bad Payway programs in that list in the payware forum. the freeware I can get from guys like you make it worth the investment.....

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

I seem to remember a fault in the start coding which only renders itself if you don't follow the checklist. Make sure ALL Start Fuel Levers are at start before attempting to start the first engine (3). Don't move the Start Fuel Levers to off individually after each start; after 3, 4 and 1 are running move their respective start levers to off, then once no2 is running move its start lever to off and all engines will light.

New panel isn't too far away, but don't hold your breath :wink:

Cheers

Fraser

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

Viscount Cornbank wrote:I seem to remember a fault in the start coding which only renders itself if you don't follow the checklist. Make sure ALL Start Fuel Levers are at start before attempting to start the first engine (3). Don't move the Start Fuel Levers to off individually after each start; after 3, 4 and 1 are running move their respective start levers to off, then once no2 is running move its start lever to off and all engines will light.

New panel isn't too far away, but don't hold your breath :wink:

Cheers

Fraser
thanks I will try that, I always follow checklists you know :wink: :redface:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Garry Russell wrote:As you say DB it was Scarebus sized

The Vanguard was it used the Viscounts enormous windows making the whole aircraft look smaller than it really was.

The props were 14 foot Six inches.

Truly a magnificent beast.
I was told that it was the largest aircraft in the World with fully manual controls :roll:

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

A true vickers a/c, they even felt powerfull at ground idle,

Garry, you're right, 14'6" with a 16" cord, 5600 shaft horse, the most powerfull tubo prop that R/Royce ever built.

One more fact that made it special, the fuselage was longer than the wing span, so a tight turn on the ramp could loose you ten feet of tail end, I managed to avoid finding out how true that was!

Robbie.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Robbie

The Vanguard was one of those magical types.

We didn't get many, but when they came over folks stopped and looked.

The deep powerful sound and the graceful sedateness of the aircraft as it banked away always set the pulse racing.

Landings also were spectacular as they flew over with thick streamers coming off the flaps.

It had a sort of aura about it that is difficult to describe. :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

Anyone got any videos of one in action? I'm a movie bitch that's all. Only so much a photo can show you :sad: