Labours Policies for fewer cars.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Labours Policies for fewer cars.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Here it is.......Labours new but yet undisclosed Transport Policy.

Vehicle Road Tax to be based on CC instead of emmisions....Fiesta 1.1 £1,100 Ford Focus 1.8 = £1,800

Vehicle Black Box installation - £400……..Double this figure to keep in line with other Labour policies/ideas. Excludes connection charge and annual license fees for receiving satellite signals…TBA

Road Toll per mile charged via Black Box payable only through a Government supplied Switch Card of which an annual charge is required…. Annual charge TBA but likely to be higher than the credit given at PC World.

Additional charge to be made during rush hour…….Black Box to record and charge for time spent stationary or driving below 20mph in traffic queues and equates to Lane Hire. An additional charge to be made for single use of vehicles during rush hour as you could have gone with someone else.

Additional tariff added to include traffic delays due to accidents and/or road works……… You could have found an alternative way to travel.

Black Boxes also to record infringements such as Speeding, Parking etc. Interest on fines not paid within 28 days…….Again, higher than the credit given at PC World. Fines to be paid at Local Government Offices with the Government Issued Switch Card along with a Government issued National ID card for proof of ID to combat fraud. Cost of ID cards? Again, double whatever they say to keep in line with other Labour policies and ideas. :sad:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

andy

Post by andy »

..........and all time spent in standing traffic will be classed as parking, and charged accordingly. :smile:

I think he should change his name to Tony Turpin. Dick to his mates. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

My response to that is that they can all go and **** OFF!!! No prizes for guessing what the missing word might be :wink:

No doubt, as with the smoking ban.. our glorious leaders will be exempt from such inconveniences!! :axe:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

" Take a leak..." ?..... :roll:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

andy

Post by andy »

Here's one way round it...............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 775677.stm

:smile:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Sorry, this is going to be a slightly irritable post. :doh:

Nigel, on which fantasy world did you find those figures? It's becoming far too easy to take any vague rumour and use it to slag of the government; I know it's a far from perfect setup, but I suspect you're looking back on the latter years of John Major with the proverbial rose-coloured wotsits.

Yesterday on the Radio 4 today programme they had a piece on some suggestions from a House of Commons Committee, headed up by Tim Yeo, that airport taxes be raised. During that same piece Mr Yeo basically said that he thought the government needed to do more to encourage people to switch to greener cars; one of his more interesting ideas was to raise Vehicle Excise to £1800!

The Government spokesnobody they had on gently ridiculed this idea, and pointed out that the recent changes to vehicle excise duty already went some way to rewarding lower emitting vehicles; he also pointed out that the people driving the bigger cars were already paying extra anyway, in the form of fuel duty, so there was no need to make any significant changes to the status quo - he didn't mention people with two Jags, but then he didn't have to! :lol:

As was pointed out on the programme, the findings of the committee that were being put forward by Mr Yeo would really impact more on the lower echelons of society, as they would probably put the kibosh on the like of EasyJet. Maybe that was the real agenda, to stop the riff raff taking his seat in the airport terminals!! Tim Yeo knows he can make these suggestions while he is not in government; if he and his colleagues WERE, you can bet your life they would have shot them down in exactly the same way.

Transport policy in this country is a complete shambles, due to years of underinvestment and poor decisions by governments of various colours. We have a railway system that is a laughing stock (rather than a rolling stock) due to the stupidity of one government splitting it into lots of little companies and then selling them off, and the continuing stupidity of another government which has not grasped the nettle (despite having several opportunities) and tried to tackle the problems. The nearest anybody has come to that is 'Red Ken' whose ideas may not be popular, but do appear to be working to a certain extent; public transport is improving (albeit slowly), and the congestion charge has certainly reduced the congestion in the centre of London - and before we go on about 'exemptions', please remember that Ken uses the tube to get to work each day.

Sorry this has been such a rant. I usually try to stay away from the more political discussions (for obvious reasons, as you can see :wink: ), but I felt strongly on this one. I look forward to my upcoming flaming!

(Gets off soapbox, picks up coat, leaves).

AndyG

andy

Post by andy »

Who cares about fuel tax increases.................???

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

andy wrote:Who cares about fuel tax increases.................???

Hey, after a few whiskies probably near enough unleaded anyway!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Sorry, this is going to be a slightly irritable post.

Nigel, on which fantasy world did you find those figures?
Sorry AndyG.........This was actually tongue in cheek and total fantasy......I made it up!!......Although black boxes may at some point come into force, I was just taking the piss out out of the idea!!! :tuttut:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TBH Nigel

You could actually imagine them doing just as you say.

OK it's has no logical place in the real world and close scrutiny sees how ridiculous it is........but so is most of what they say and do :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."