Classic DVDs

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Classic DVDs

Post by Buggyman »

There is a review on page 29 of the August issue of Flypast concerning the old cinema short film series 'Look at Life'. The review covers 2 recently released DVDs 'Look at Life in the 60s - Military Aviation' and Look at Life in the 60s - Civil Aviation'.

The Look at Life series were short informative/documentary films normally shown before the main attraction in cinemas. The style of commentary is very non-PC (hurrah for that) but it is the actual content that matters.

Military aircraft include the Hunter 'Black Arrows' air display team, testing a Lightning - did you know they cost 'almost half a million pounds' each and that the full bone dome used for hig altitude research cost 'several hundred? Wonder what that translates into current money. Anyways, the military DVD also covers the Kestrel, action on the flight deck of Hermes with Sea Vixens and Scimitars, Belvedere helicopter ops with a very brief shot of a Fairy Rotodyne.

The civil DVD contains shorts on the day in the life of an air hostess - ten quid a week and all the flying she wants! First flight of a new Super VC10 from the factory at Brooklands, Farnborough 1967 with shots of Avro 748, BAC 1-11, Islanders and Skyvans. Operations in the Heathrow tower with blind landing tests using the 'Ghost Pilot' in a Vickers Viking.

Available from Video 125 (http://www.video125.co.uk) Tel: 01344 628565. Cost is £15.95 each DVD and there is an offer on at present that gets you both for £25.00 plus P&P.

Anyway, enough from me. I almost cut my fingers getting the old plastic out and placing my order. Well worth the pennies. Video 125 also do a large range of railway DVDs.

For he record - I have no financial or other interest in the sale of the DVDs or Video 125 - just a delighted customer passing on the news.

Allan
'Read the instructions - are you mad?'

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Allan,

These have been out for some time now (I have them both!!) but it's worth reminding those that haven't come across them that they're available and worth a look. :wink:

I was less impressed with the Military DVD but that could be because the Civil one is a blinder :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Town of_Hgate
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Town of_Hgate »

Skysim do A Look At Life Military for £12.99 as well as some other DVD's including the Classic British Series (Victor Vulcan Valiant etc.) for the same price. We also have a nice one called frontiers of flight mainly about the workings of the R.A.E. down at farnborough in the 1960's.