**FSX DEMO: OUT THIS EVENING ON GAMESPOT**

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

I seem to be getting around 1000kbps on the microsoft website.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsi ... loads.html
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Thats a very nice stretched SRN4 there Rick, havent seen that before. Looks like someones put a starburst filter on the viewpoint though :lol:

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Toby

Thats what i mean about FSX screwed up fx files.

in FS9 i have a proper looking spray cloud.

Nobody here has payed the slightest attention to my channel ferry ports & traffic project over on the VFR scenery site.

I wanted a break till the FSX dev's kit comes out so decided to sommat about the empty English Channel so filled it with car Ferries between
Dover & Calais with other ports also in progress.

Regards
Rick :wink:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Rick Piper wrote:Hi Toby

Thats what i mean about FSX screwed up fx files.

in FS9 i have a proper looking spray cloud.

Nobody here has payed the slightest attention to my channel ferry ports & traffic project over on the VFR scenery site.

I wanted a break till the FSX dev's kit comes out so decided to sommat about the empty English Channel so filled it with car Ferries between
Dover & Calais with other ports also in progress.

Regards
Rick :wink:
Thought you were a bit quiet, I just assumed that was down to concentration on the HS780. :wink:

That's looking really nice Rick; from memory that should will need an interesting sound set to go with it. :lol:

AndyG

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Andy

yes the sounds are very different but the model will be for Ai use eventually so default Dash8 sounds are actually not far off .

(Remember my RR emgines rev at less than half that of the default Dash8)

so they sound quite close.

I'm also working on a Mod for Rfactor (car racing sim) of 1980's touring cars. "Touring Car Legends" with Ollie C (Not sure if i am allowed to post screenies) :doh: but it's good :smile:

So i'm not dead yet :worried:

Regards
Rick

andy

Post by andy »

I knew Rick was doing something with the channel ports, but hadn't noticed anything posted anywhere.

Give it some more publicity Rick. Send me some screenies and a bit of info and I'll post it on my webby for you. :wink:

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

Hmm. It seems to me that the frame hogger is the autogen - AND the default aircraft (who flies them anyway?). Just had a nice flight in the Hunter T7 - no stutters and frames between about 22ish right up to the 60's. Although no canopy and the light grey undersurfaces are very slightly transparent (the upper camo surfaces are not) - just an observation.

Also tried the RealAir Spit - works ok, but no canopy or spinning prop, wing vortices look like flat ribbons and it feels a bit woolly to fly - I couldn't spin it like in FS9.

One thing I did notice is that the weather and vis up at 30-40,000 now looks much better - a really deep blue sky up above and whipped cream horizons - in my FS9, as soon as I pass about 10,000, I can see the ground between the clouds unrealistlcally clearly.

By the way Rick - that hovercraft looks great ...
Simon

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Removed due to lack of interest
Last edited by Rick Piper on 10 Aug 2006, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Almost done downloading to test, but a couple of things to think about -

1) Flight Dynamics are going to be off on a lot of these airplanes. The FS crew has said in a couple other forums that they changed things to fix some of the problems (like spin stability) in FSX, so some of the tricks that the developers used in FS9 to get their aircraft to do things like spin and operate properly will cause problems in FSX becuase the Flight Dynamics (should) do it right now.

2) The FS guys have admitted that the demo is more-or-less a beta build. They do not have any of the performance tweaks in it that the final software will have. This is due to running out of time to do so before needing to get the demo out. So expect greatly improved performance in the final version.

3) Features are frozen. What you see here is what will be in the final version. Things like speeds, processing methods, etc, will probably be changed before the final version as part of the streamlining and performance enhancements.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Nothing like promoting a new product by releasing a flawed demo :wink:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.