**FSX DEMO: OUT THIS EVENING ON GAMESPOT**

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

ohh mee ohh my
I don't care if M$ promises me all the tea in China
I ain't buying it. :huf: (not for some tme to come like 08)
and another thing :think:
making the "Joe Public" pay extra for the GPS pro is bull bobka
In the real world the GPS is very common. I can keep one in my shirt pocket.
(in fact I own a Garmin IQ3600, It not only talks to me
it'll cook my brekest)
my point is:
if they so comon in the real world
why not in the virtual world of Flight Sim
where it's supposed to be real
because Billy Bob needs a bigg....... :-#
well it's just...... :-$
I'm done

PS
I sure wish the Joe Pulic would pick another name to
use when talking about the Public
and the garmin gps......... it won't cook my brekest.. :tuttut:
that was just something the salesman told me

Joe

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

Airboatr,

I think, in some ways we are to blame for the added cost of goodies, I don't mean me and you personally of course but the Sim community as a whole.

M$ have seen that people are willing to pay $29.99 more for a more advanced GPS (Reality XP and others) therefore they have decided that if it can be done post product release then why not do it at the board and cash in themselves?

They have seen people are willing to pay for developer tools (FSDS, AirWrench etc etc) so they make the SKD in the more expensive package.

Unfortunately its screws us a community BUT it is probably what most businesses would do - they'd be silly not to.

Alex

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

You have tried a very old demo of the sim, which is not up to date
Oh there was me thinking it was Microshafts fault for making my PC lock up when all the time it was me downloading and trying an "out of date" demo silly me.. If they release something as bad as that why bother? if they are on beta 3 why bother to release a poor bug ridden demo? Glad I am not a beta tester for them as I would no doubt have something to say, but then again thats why I am not a beta tester I never held court with the "emperor has no clothes" clan..I say it as I see it and what I am seeing is the usual story of a hyped product and those hanging onto the wedding dress trail of the ugly bride...
This is NO LEAP FORWARD and before I get flamed by saying " ah you are seeing the early buggy demo" Yes your right but it's the one Microsoft let me use...if they did not think it suitable enough now, why offer it for download?
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

err, just a tiny point l'd like to throw in, in both versions that l've seen it appears that the autogen is the main culpret for stutters and general unease, with it turned off l get 40-50 fps with everything else maxed out, turn on autogen to very ultra non existant sparse ( tongue in cheek as l cant remember what its really called :) ) then fps drops to a miserly 5-8.

I dont know why but on my system autogen sucks.

I only mention this as it might help a few others who are a little peved right now, theres nothing worse than trying to look at something if it stutters all over the place, it really puts you in a bad frame of mind, well it does me.

It wont fix all the other problems but it might lighten the load a little and let people look just a little further into what its all about.

Like l say this bug is on both versions that l have.

Regarding transparencies, fly the microlight in spot mode from above and behind, then fly over some clouds, you'll see what l mean, looks like something from a Flash Gordon movie LOL.

Best

Michael

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

andy wrote:
ChrisHunt wrote:Chaps,

Being one of the now thousands of beta testers for FSX I thought I would share with you my list of bugs and issues to date

Bugs found in FSX Demo.

Edit - I should state that the above is purely from the demo released by MS and not from any official beta version. I count myself one of the many many beta testers because I downloaded the demo and gave it a try.

Regards,
Chris
Chris, with the utmost respect, having downloaded the dem

o does not make you one of the beta testers. You have tried a very old demo of the sim, which is not up to date, and has bugs which have already been rectified.
People who have not seen the real thing are going to get the wrong impression from this, and it will not help any of us.

Most of your coments revolve around the default aircraft. Since when have default aircraft been good? I don't care about them. Who fly's them? I don't.
They have to be there for the novice, but anyone with the slightest knowledge of FS will load third party aircraft. It keeps the aircraft designers out of mischief. :wink:

There are issues with FSX, but they are being rectified on a daily basis, and there is a bit to go yet. Beta 3 has just been released, and there are two more to go yet. You are looking at Christmas for the finished thing.

Scenery designers have the most work to do, but I can tell you now, this sim has a lot of potential, and I am in it 100%. This is the best thing since we got mesh terrain in FS7.

Keep an open mind, guy's. :wink: :smile:
Steve, are you an FSX beta tester? The information and tos curfew has been lifted so you can tell us if you want to. Just interested, that's all.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Michael

I didn't realised there was more than one version.

Are they significantly different? or just a slightly later version?

ATB

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

TBH I can't be arsed downloading the demo. At the moment I'm more than happy with FS9 and the stack of rather costly add-on's I have bolted onto it over the last 18 months.

Seen the screenshots. Has'nt convinced my desire to invest in a copy when its released. :smile:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Garry Russell wrote:Hi Michael

I didn't realised there was more than one version.

Are they significantly different? or just a slightly later version?

ATB

Garry
Winces at the sound of thin cracking ice :smile: , l'm a developer, which other version do you think l might have ?.

Can only say that at this stage in FS9 developement it wasnt much better and only came good in the last issue and if l recall got even better after the official patch, l can only assume that the demo release is some sort of attempt to find more bugs and avoid another FSx patch at a later date.

I think the compatability gap between FS9 and FSx will get smaller nearer to release, l've not yet seen anything drasticly wrong with my current models in the new sim, certainly nothing that in an evening the designer couldnt sort out.

It is good, in fact its very good but l dont think its good enough to pry many away from there beloved FS9, the same those that couldnt be pried away from there beloved FS2004 l presume ?, and yes l was one of them too :smile: .

It did take me a good evening to get it set up to my personal liking and to be fair none of that was anything to do with planes, as we can swap them in and out at our whim, nope it was to do with the enviroment, ie the bits we cant change later, the scenery, the weather and the damn camera views, l hate that delayed float attribute and ramped up and down pan speed so they went out the window, so did the silly nodding head idea, just made me air sick LOL.

I generally dont have a problem with it so will buy a copy on release and probably the SDK copy as well.....which isnt something new, we had the same in FS2002 where Gmax and the export dlls were packaged in the 'Pro' version.....but l do sympathise with those that wont and for the reasons they wont either, thats there call.

This is normal practice as MS have had to pay someone a lot of dosh for those export routines and rather than charge it to everyone they make a 'pro' version so that only developers have to pay, if they choose to !.

Best

Michael

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Cheers Michael

Sorry :doh: I thought you meant two versions of the demo :lol:

So all the extras for add on creation will be in the pro version...makes sense.

We will have to seen what develops between now and release.

ATB

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Garry Russell wrote:Cheers Michael

So all the extras for add on creation will be in the pro version...makes sense.

ATB

Garry
This is my understanding, but l could be wrong, its what they did last time and logic dictates its what they will do next time, but sometimes MS logic is as perverse as it comes.

Best

Michael