FSX Aircraft

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Moses03
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Moses03 »

Have you all tried this fix?

As found by a poster at AVSIM-

"And in case you missed it in the other thread, a fix for the transparent AC problem (AC from FS9/FS2k2 with alpha showing up transparent) was found. Just copy envmap.bmp from FS9\Texture to FSX Demo\Texture."

Cheers,
Moses
"Pining For The Pork Of The Porcupine"

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

By jove - it works!

Canopies and windscreens still missing though ...
Simon

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

The canopies/windscreens being invisible are caused when there is just a reduced opacity material and no texture assigned to the model... don't know why this has happened though.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Less American aircraft or not, they will still be cr#p.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Some windows are not there others are solid

So it seems there is more than on thing going on here.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

Jetset wrote:Less American aircraft or not, they will still be cr#p.
In the opinion of the "hard-core" such as ourselves, that may be.

However, they will bring many, MANY, hours of simming enjoyment to tens of thousands of others. Surely that is worth something?

I remember when I first got FS II, in fact all the way up to FS for Windows 95, I never had ONE add on aircraft, did it make the game unenjoyable? no, not at all, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

All the slagging off that FSX gets off on this forum really needs to be put in perspective. There are going to be many many more people that enjoy it out of the box as their first simulation experience, than there will be clawing away at its every flaw.

You just know there are going to be thousands of kids out there on Christmas day (possibly) with their FS DVD's in the drive for the first time experiencing sheer delight at getting that 172 off the ground for the first time after half an hour fiddling with the throttle.

who knows? it may spark them enough to give us the next generation of Pilots for our airliners and military aircraft in the world. I know for certain that without MSFS for Windows 95 I'd never have gone down to the flying club with wallet in hand and come out with a whacking great grin on my face and a little blue logbook under my arm, not to mention the significantly lighter wallet.

And that was all before flightsim.com and avsim even entered my head!

Alex

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

That was a low shot bringing up the kids, I never looked at it like that. I always look from our prespective. Ok, ok, it may bring enjoyment to the more novice of simmers, but so do arcade style flying games. I see the point of MS sim to be improved upon through the years, but as yet it's not showing that promise.

Great for the novice - Yes!

Improved for us - Not at all!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I can't get it to run smoothly on even the basic

And I have a good system

All I see is FS 9 with texture problems and low frame rates.

The sounds is not up to scratch either.

I don't see three years of advancement.

If the demo is not like the finished...it should, be otherwise what's the point

It still has a most unrealistic looking sea as well.

The kids look for a game....we are looking for what is promised.....flight simulation. I would think though the kids would expect higher quality graphics than seen on the demo.

This is not a beta for testing....this is a demo to make you want to go out and buy it.

If they were wanting more beta testers they would have been in contact with the main add on people.

Garry
Garry

andy

Post by andy »

Garry Russell wrote:I can't get it to run smoothly on even the basic
>>Gary, that's because its months old<<

This is not a beta for testing....>>It wasn't intended as a Beta for testing<<

If they were wanting more beta testers they would have been in contact with the main add on people.>>Gary, It isn't up to MS to try and rope designers into the program. If they wish to volunteer, that's up to them<<

Garry
:wink:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Steve I make the coment about involving addon designers because they claim it is backwards compatable with the add ons.

It isn't........if this is months old then why put it out... It's not encouraging me to buy it.

Garry
Garry