SOU -> GCI Air UK 146 - 56k caution

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thats interesting - one of the guys at work was showing me Silent Hunter this morning , and my comment was "I wish MSFS could produce scenery like that" the water colours and reflections , and the sky and moon particularly intrigued me.....Ooopps sorry Toby -- nice 146 there :)

Leif

GeorgeG
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by GeorgeG »

Toby, on the picture of your approach into Southampton, why is your number one engine doing more work than the other 3?? :think:
-George (aka His Holiness ;-))

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Wondered if anyone would spot that. I had a boo boo earlier in the flight and inadvertantly pressed the "E" key, after which my throttle would only control the number 1 engine. Any amount of times I tried doing "E + 1 2 3 4" rapidly to attempt to regain control of all of them failed, so they end up being mouse pointer controlled, which is rather hard when you're also trying to fly with the stick :lol: Hence 2 3 4 are running slightly faster than 1 at that moment in time.

Interestingly, in a cockpit video I have of a 146 operation, the pilot at certain times doesnt seem to take too much care to ensure that all four engines have their throttle levers in equal positions. :dunno:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Toby

I find that E1234 hardly ever works. Also this ext Shift E1 or whatever never works

I usually just reload the aircraft and carry on from there and that does the trick.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

We both have that same video Toby and of course, actual throttle positions don't mean a great deal (though I'd be concerned about any huge difference in RPM settings) :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Do we have the same video? The one off that site I linked to the other day on E&Ss, unless of course you had a serious lapse of credit card self control in the meantime :lol: Air UK 146 STN -> CDG, preceded by the Air UK "infomercial" type thing.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I thought the one I had was the same as the one you picked up off ebay (or similar). I can't even tell you the title now as I look back at my dvd collection and see it's not there (wonder if Rick has this one too)??? :think:

Regardless.. actual throttle opening (position of lever) is normally compensated for (as long as it's not too far out) by the EGT setting which ensures all engines are operating at the same level (or thereabouts). This comment not for your input but for those who are looking on having no idea what the hell I might be talking about :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

This is true and the 146 was fitted with a thrust management system and of course the RJ and RJX both had FADEC. Something that presumably doesnt feature in the world of Comets, Tridents, VC10s and One Elevens? :smile:

As regards videos, I have the following that feature 146s:

"Wooden Wonders to Whisper Jets" and "BAe 146" both by 'Flight on Film' (Johnny Kent) and "Air UK 146 Stansted to Paris-CDG" by MCM Productions (Alan and Liam McMahon).

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps but not implemented in quite the same way me thinks..

I've had a shot in the dark at the producer and managed to get it right first time :shock: (where's that lottery ticket) :lol:

The vid I have/had on the 146 is this one..

http://www.itvv.com/debbae146200.asp

Not at all bad as it happens and much better than the other ITVV title I have.. Airbus A320-200 :worried: :shock: :-$ I know so don't say it. Back in the dark days of inexperience.. I got this to compliment my purchase of the original PSS A319/A320/A321. I liked the fact that you could fly them all with (basically) the same panel but soon died of boredom :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Garry Russell wrote:Hi Toby

I find that E1234 hardly ever works. Also this ext Shift E1 or whatever never works

I usually just reload the aircraft and carry on from there and that does the trick.
or assign a hotkey for 'all engine control' in fsuipc - that does it for me.

Rgds

John