HS.748 Flameouts

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hi Dave, I was thinking last night that this main CBFSim board gets used for all manner of things, many of which could be classed as general (but relevant) chat, how about some separate FAQs to keep the concise answers to most common issues with DM/RP/DG/Simshed models and other addons by people here?

Toby

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Not a bad idea Toby :wink:

Fraser

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

I have the problem too, but for me it happens after I pause the game, when I upause it the temps will be way lower then when I paused it and I will have to increase the trim to compensate, but then no mater what I do the engines will flame out, I will try the deiceing, I have noticed that when you pause the oat drops about 20C, dose the panel continue to operate during the pause and think that the fuel system ices up?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Point taken Toby. I'm not sure how we'd implement it though :think: Ideally, a new forum area would suit this best but I don't want to go down that path as in reality, this is what CBFS is here for. Simshed, as with most other developers, has dedicated forums for each model which makes navigation a doddle.
That said, I suppose a '748 FAQ' thread could be started here with the common probs listed though I doubt it would stop folk posting new threads outside the already extant 748 Support thread! :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

A very good idea, but as Dave says how to implement it.

In a way it's already answered as these things are covered in the manual.

The important things are thing that are peculiar or unexpected.

To list all the FAQ would in a way be re writing the manual in a different form and as such no guarantee that folks we see their problem listed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the questions shouldn't be asked......they should as it's not good to have people with problems and the forum is all about sharing.........all I'm saying is an FAQ may not work any better than the manual as all is listed, but needs not only to be read, but understood.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I know what you are saying about effectively rewriting the manual in a different form, but as Tonksis often saying "Its a game" and a lot of people (myself included) arent pilots and dont have any hands on experience with the real thing therefore some of the more recent models are a very sharp uphill climb and a hefty manual often deters us from using someotherwise superb models. The main points are things like:

Why am I getting CTDs?

Have I installed xyz correctly because feature a isnt working?

How do I start the engines?

Why do my engines conk out?

Why do I lose electrical supply?

Its just a thought obviously it takes time to implement. What I was essentially suggesting (and I know we already have a lot more boards now the VA have their own set) would be to split this board into a true support only board with pinned FAQs that are quick to search through and cannot be posted on except by those involved in the projects and then, if people cant find the answer in there to post below. People obviously could still post thanks for models etc. The other board would have all the other CBFsim "chat", like impending releases, HUs etc.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The trick would be to keep it concise and to the few very common problems so that it is easy to find. :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."