FSX Aircraft part Deaux

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

FSX Aircraft part Deaux

Post by tonymadge »

Steve/Andy your a cracking reason for keeping away from FSX and all the crap it brings, having read your weak arguments and then trying to slay Garry who is the most patient and polite member of this board just proves to me that anyone conected with FSX and then spouts of crap about it is unbeleiveable..sorry mate your well out of line on this one...until FSX is RIGHT don't tell us its brilliant when we can see it's not...
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

Um, that thread was locked for the reason of stopping the argument. This should have been a PM. :tuttut:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I think I have to go with Callum on this one. The other thread has the surreal situation of a number of gents in their 40s and 50s attacking each other in a way normally attributed to, err, younger forum users shall we say!

It seems to me that FSX seems to have picked up the baton from payware and politics as the vehicle from which people make agressive and unpleasant posts. None of us are under any obligation to buy it, a good number of us may eventually do so, and unless anyone on here is a Microsoft shareholder, I dont believe that anyone has any vested interest that it should succeed as a product.

Whats available now isnt the final version and it isnt running on the sort of hardware and O/S that many of us may be running when it is released or mid way through its shelf life.

I really cant see the point of getting bitchy and risk losing valued members of this forum over a piece of software we cant even buy yet.

End of rant

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

Aye, I agree. Anyway, whats the point in being bitchy. Either buy it or don't. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it/use it. What's the problem? If FS9 is so much better, use that... you've already bought it.

I think some of you guys need to peel the banana cuz the overload of testosterone is getting scary :wink:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Callum wrote:I think some of you guys need to peel the banana cuz the overload of testosterone is getting scary :wink:
:shock:

Er, quite :redface: :lol: :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Shall we leave this here please as further comments, in agreement or otherwise are only serving to keep the argument going. I say argument as that is what the other thread turned out to be. Debate, it most certainly was not.

While moderators do not exactly get carte blanche, it is worth pointing out that the member who started this thread is a moderator so perhaps any comment to him should have been made through PM :wink:

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

:-#
mummu mwua myo murrun dab
:wink: :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:tuttut: :gun: :argue:
:hand:
:cpu: :welldone: :partyman:
:hi:

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

A quick word of support for Garry.

Some of the 'calm down' comments really annoy me - It's not silly or childish for Garry to complain when someone misquotes him for their own petty argument.
That kind of behaviour is annoying to people of any age.

DM

Anyway, if you want a real argument...
Why's FSX being discussed in payware?
Surely it should be classed as the FS operating system, not a payware addon.
Other paid for software gets discussed in 'Hardware'.
And the FSX demo was freeware as well!
:poke: :lol:

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I take it that photo in your sig is of you then Dave taken in the 30's I presume (just kidding) :smile: ? Your point though is a good one; it would be nice to have a reasoned debate about FSX, albeit a limited one as it's pretty much based on a small and imperfect demo.

You may have seen from the other FSX thread that I've posted a list of bugs and issues found so far but that doesn't mean that I think that FSX is crap. It seems to me that a lot of people were (probably reasonably so) expecting quite a bit more for 3 years of development and with a greater emphasis on the core issues of flight dynamics, ATC and performance and then look-and-feel.

MS have never really published a proper simulator and previous versions have had "game" elements (does anyone remember the embedded WWI simulator - I can't remember which release but it was an early one). What MS seems to have done is to try to broaden the general appeal of FS which means that the hard core sim users/fans seem to have been largely ignored this time around.

In short - if good FD is what you are looking for there is always X-Plane; there is still plenty of scope for add on developers and (from what I've seen elsewhere) MS have tried to make the whole globe more attractive not just USA or Western Europe. Despite the bugs I quite like it (I hope the bugs will be fixed) - it is a bit gimmicky in parts but I think that the sum of improvements make it a more polished product than FS9 and worth serious consideration.

Anyway for those that don't choose to buy it early then those that do (including me) can at least provide good feedback on the good and bad parts to better inform your buying decision when you do choose to make it. :wink:

Regards,
Chris

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

A lot of the problem is nothing to do with choosing to buy

I will be getting it because I need to

I am working on project that will need to be FS.X compatible..even if I don't actually use the sim as such.

I have a demo that won't run properly and I am trying to get started on various projects.

The reason why these problems are pointed out is a hope a proper solution may be already there.

An example of that was the transparency issue./there was a solution and that was fixed

It's not an attack on FS and I never would use words like crap........but it is difficult to see something in a sim that gives fps of less than ten and freezes if I try to change location or aircraft.

It's certainly not a case for me of FS.X as a good flying game........I don't even get a chance to do that much in FS.9

But I am and have been trying hard to make it work including 16 hours spent compressing and deleting files overnight to try and make more HD space.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."