FlyNET/FSA induced failures - REPORT THEM HERE

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Odd flight

Post by hobby »

Thanks to both John & Dave.

FS gives me a great deal of pleasure and is not a burden. At present the DC3 I fly is the default model and last evening I did search FS9 to try to find the button controls to lower the gear by handpump - without succes but I shall give that a try on a non VA flight.

Thanks for explaining the way compensation works.

Have just completed that flight, rewards do come with VA flying to balance the frustrating bits - my touchdown speed at night on ILS IOM was -3ft/min!!! Brakes on at 1min prior to timetable arrival time and that was with weather from Asv6.5. First fast passengers feet on ground at 30secs past official time of arrival!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Well done James :wink:

I agree with you that this lark becomes totally immersive.. whether you realise it or not. You find yourself chasing slot times and spending not one virtual dollar more on fuel than is needed and this, I think, is the beauty of this system. Fly when you want, how you want and to what level of accuracy you want :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
Last edited by DaveB on 15 Nov 2006, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Could not get briefing document this evening

Post by hobby »

Hi Quantum

I logged in OK, booked my flight from Gatwick to Birmingham earlier this evening but could not obtain a briefing document from the client. After several attempts I was greeted with the 'Internal Server Failure' message.

I then went to the clients stats page to find that 170 flights were recorded today!!!

Methinks the server capacity has been exceeded. So I now have a booked flight that I have no time to fly today and I may not be able to fly tomorrow for 'real life' has intervened.

I know that you have asked that we be patient and fly for the VA using the client when we can but even for those who are retired time for FS can be limited and the ability to fly 'on demand' has come to be expected. With the obvious popularity of the Client can ought be done to increase the client's server capacity please?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Hobby,

Similar happened to me again today. I get 2hrs if I'm lucky, sometimes 3 to get a flight/return flight in and it took me just over 20mins to get the 'Book Flight' page to display correctly. By this time, the return was out of the window so I'll have to fit it in before I go to bed.
This is becoming so tiresome now that the desire to immediately book the return (if you're in.. take advantage of it) is outweighing the practicality of actually being able to do the flight.

I sure hope we get some extra capacity soon as this is taking the fun out of it :sad:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

I'm with you all. It's been quite the frustration the last few days. I too like to commit to the return flight ASAP. I have now downloaded the new client but doubt this will help a traffic overload problem.

I've been trying to get on all day. Hopefully soon, it will be improved. :think:

Ivan.........................

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

I was doing a flight earlier and it all went fine and seemed to be ok until i landed and i din't get the landing beep, or when i put the brakes on, the client was not responsive and i had to close it.

Richard
ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Just completed OKBK-VABB with straight A's collected my 100%, wnet to FN to check the status of G-ASGK:

She hadn't lowered from the 99.7% So even with a fairly hard drop off -171 she didn't suffer any pain.

But.....

Her value has dropped to a big round zero...... :think: :k: :worried:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dan,

It looks like all aircraft flown since using the new client 6.1b have this 'bug'. I also think some other changes have been made to the client that we have not been told about regarding maintenance. Previous client versions would always set an aircraft's % to minimum 99.9% after first landing with a new or fresh from maintenance aircraft. Checking the other VA's fleets regarding the v$0 problem, I noticed one VA had flown one sector only with a new aircraft and the maint' is still showing 100%.

Rgds

John

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Do those guys ever test their applications before they release it?....

Taking that well over 100 users are connected and using to this VA, I think its a farce to call it a BETA.....

It is NOT comme il faut to let so many people act as ginny pigs.

Well if you don't want your product to be popular it is, but I hardly believe that that was Konny's first intention....

While the idea is great, the professionalism lacks way behind....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Post by ivanT3 »

I Flew four flight's in a Dove after installing 6.1 and the % did not change,, from what I can tell. And, as I mentioned at Flynet, the value of the Aircraft is now Zero Dollar's.

Ivan,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!