New Client version out (24th Aug)

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've used it on 2 flights this evening and I dunno but I seem to be getting a greater frame hit.. eg, it's digging into my resources a little more. Neither Cambridge or Southend are exactly 'demanding' as far as scenery goes but approaches to both seemed sluggish.

Could be my system is a bit tired today?? :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I've had none of so....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Seemed ok to me Dave.
Do you use real weather, could it have been due to the clouds?

I didn't know you could pause with FlyNet anyway. Will this new one let you then?

DM
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi DM,

All earlier versions of the Client I have used have allowed you to pause. As this new client has only added a new 'AutoUpdate' then I'm sure that you will still be able to pause.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I didn't realise you could pause either!! :roll:

It's been ok on frames today so my guess is the system was pretty tired.. I know I was :lol: Never noticed a frame drop at Cambridge but that said.. I can't remember the last time I flew either into or out of there :poke: I suppose that the runway I was on had Mildenhall and Lakenheath directly on the runway heading and only a few miles away so this could have caused the stutttttttttter too :wink:

Btw.. if anyone is thinking of flying to Lourdes.. don't unless it's from Jersey in a DC3. From Southend, it's one of the most boring flights I've ever done :huf:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Dave, I seem to be getting lower frame rates with the new client too. Got 6 or 7 fps at night on the ground at CDG. Things improved quite a bit in the climb and cruise - varying between 16 and 24 fps.

Damn thing CTD'd as I attempted to change the zoom on the GPS prior to establishing on the ILS on the way into LGW. In the words of James May, "Oh C*ck!". Going to have to find time to fly it again now :doh: