I always use an external ATC system like VATSIM
10%

Total votes: 10

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

How do you use ATC with flynet?

Post by blanston12 »

This is not meant to be judgemental, I am just curious how you use the built in FS9 ATC while doing your flights in FlyNET.

Personally I usually just use it for landings and takeoffs as to avoid collisions.
Last edited by blanston12 on 24 Aug 2006, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Never use it Joe. The current version is pony and I can't afford the likes of Radar Contact3 :sad:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I don't use it with flynet, unless I'm going long Haul and get bored listening to the background noise, so I'll tune it. :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I never use it with Flynet, I can't stand some of the weird and wonderful vectors that you get. As I mostly fly the budgie I find it much more satisfying with paper charts and VOR/NDB navigation.

If I could persuade Mrs alemaobaiano of the fact that Radar Contact would improve my life by 100% I would probably use that, but then there is always that new fishing gear I need.......at least that's what she says :tuttut:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Ok, When I created this poll I assumed that using ATC included contacting the control tower to get runway clearence for take off and landings. Is this everyone else's understanding also?
Joe Cusick,

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

For my part Joe, ATC includes the whole shabang. I don't have any modifications that produce 'English' accents here in the UK and cannot tolerate 'US' voices the world over. I used it ONCE on a VA flight from Jersey to Guernsey.. not exactly longhaul.. and it effed that up so no.. no tower, no clearance for takeoff.. nada :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Same here Joe. I don't use any part of the ATC engine on Flynet. I do use it sometimes on long haul routes when I'm not working for CBFS, but usually only for clearance at the start and the approach at the end of the run. In the middle I just ignore ATC. :wink:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Thanks for answering my little survey. I though I must be a slacker because I don't do all my flights as full IFR, so now I feel better.
Joe Cusick,