MSFS team members blogs:

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TobyV wrote:
speedbird591 wrote:Image
I didnt know John Prescott flew.
I think had a couple of Jag's

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CT..
I think that's splitting hairs mate but in a financial empire like M$ where money matters not, I'm sure they'd employ actors. I'd like to think they wouldn't hire Dick Van Dyke for the 'English' variation :shock: :lol:

Where d'ya get that screenie from Ian?? Is it possibly for FSXXX.. Planet of the Apes edition?? They'll all have American accents anyway (which is fair enough as PoA was in the US of A) :wink:

Quite frankly, comparing an ape to John Presgitt is an insult to Apes!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

:doh: Walked into that one :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That was too quick for me too. I only realised what Garry had said when I read your reply Toby!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

DaveB wrote:Where d'ya get that screenie from Ian?? Is it possibly for FSXXX.. Planet of the Apes edition?? They'll all have American accents anyway (which is fair enough as PoA was in the US of A) :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

DaveB wrote:
Where d'ya get that screenie from Ian?? Is it possibly for FSXXX.. Planet of the Apes edition?? They'll all have American accents anyway (which is fair enough as PoA was in the US of A) :wink:
Actually the original book was written by a frenchman. :lol: (Well, everyone else is being pedantic).

AndyG

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

DaveB wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

CT..
I think that's splitting hairs mate but in a financial empire like M$ where money matters not, I'm sure they'd employ actors. I'd like to think they wouldn't hire Dick Van Dyke for the 'English' variation :shock: :lol:
Umm... Dave, your quote was you didn't think they would hire actors as they have enough employees in-house. My point was that money didn't matter to them and that they would do it right if they did choose to do regional voices.

If you were being facecious (sp?), then I missed it.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I'll stick with Radar Contact as the twats at MS haven't got a clue.

They can shove their blogs where the sun doesn't shine. I'm not interested in FSX and have no desire to find out anything more about it.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

CT.. I wasn't being anything matey :lol:

My original comment was that in a company the size of M$, they must surely have all the onboard talent they need to accomplish something as trivial as getting 'accented' English voices but.. I relented to what would undoubtedly be the case that where money doesn't matter (except for making loads of it!) they'd go ahead and employ someone anyway.

You need to stop reading into what isn't there mate as you're doing my head in. I can be nice sometimes so just accept it when it happens :wink:

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I'm not reading anything into it dave. I'm reading your exact words -

[quote=DaveB]I don't believe for one minute that M$ would have to hire actors either as a company of this size must have just about every nationality under the sun already on the workforce!! :lol:[/quote]

That's the last sentence of the post. I don't see how you could have relented afterwards...

Sorry, but I don't read into posts, I only read what's there. I can't read into something that doesn't exist.