"Dambusters" to be remade by Peter Jackson

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

"Dambusters" to be remade by Peter Jackson

Post by rich byrne »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5301998.stm

Hmm. Well, thank the Lord that Mel Gibson couldn't do it.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Interesting Rich :wink:

Tks for that :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Oh can't you just see it now.

American invents fantastic bouncing 'whatsit' - American Airforce drop 'whatsit' on German dams & save the world - again!

One of the real high points of the original was the use of real aircraft. Given that there are now only two airworthy ones + one pontential (see my post about NX611 for news of that one) I think CGI will once again do its stuff & sometimes you can tell its just that - CGI.

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

I think Peter Jackson did a good job on the Lord of the Rings films staying very faithful to the books as he said he would. I'm glad it's him doing it.

Of course it was possible to use Lancs for part of the filming of the original but the action sequences could be greatly improved with CGI.

The big question of course is what will they call Gibson's dog who's name was also the callsign for breaching the Moehne dam? :think:

Jon

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Mr Jackson is a Kiwi, is he not, perhaps he will have enough Hollywood muscle to stop 617 being the only bomber 'Eagle Sqn' in the RAF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATB Trev

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Jon.M wrote:The big question of course is what will they call Gibson's dog who's name was also the callsign for breaching the Moehne dam? :think:
"Rainbow" of course :lol: CGI Lancasters are still preferable to Tom Cruise and a load of B-17s IMO :roll:

Still maybe theres scope for a Cold War "What if?" movie with Crusie as a bomber pilot and Soviet-bloc citizens being blinded by the reflection of the Nuclear flash off his teeth as he smiles? What do you think? :lol:

Seriously though, I have long wanted them to remake the Dambusters in colour with some half decent flying and bombing effects. Good as the original is, you just couldnt make that stuff look anthing but cartoon-like in the 1950s. I do hope they retain the original musical score though :smile:

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

I think it has already been said at a previous interview that the dog would be entirely left out of the film has it not?

I recall being outraged upon being told that anyway.

Alex

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

Ironic isn't it.....the 2nd war was to allow us all freedom from all sorts of horrendous things and now all these years later the name of a dog from a historic time in history is no longer permitted to be used.......freedom of speech or what!!!

I can see the wording in the credits already..."This is a true story.....only the facts have been altered".. :wink:

Just my 2d worth.... :dunno:

Bridon Bear

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Not sure where he is - But Ed Walters knows a little about the production I think

Leif

Oh and BB I totally agree -- somewhere the lads of 617 are probably spi...
No belay that - they are probably having a damn good laugh at what a bunch of muppets we turned out to be and how they are better off out

:-#

Leif

oh and btw niger, niger , niger :wink:

Gentle Mods you may fire when ready :bandit:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Theres two g's in Nigger Leif... else its a country in west Africa :wink: