Plane Design Spitfire 16 released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Plane Design Spitfire 16 released

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's

I've just heard on the grapevine that Ed's Spit 16 has been released. Check out his website for further info :wink: Tally Ho!!

If you don't know where that is (and why not!) it's here.. http://www.plane-design.com/

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

It's very, very nice. A must have IMHO.

Best wishes

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

That looks incredible :shock:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'll be getting it later on tonight. Looks fantastic, well done Ed, Ken and Hammerd. :smile:

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

I've been flying it all afternoon, simply stunning!

Absolutely love it, and for 15 odd quid how can anyone complain!?

Well done Plane Design!

Alex

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I have always thought that the RealAir Spit 24 was the best, how does Ed´s Spit compare with that one? ........apart from being a 16, that is :wink:
ATB Trev

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

Hi Trev,

I also have the RealAir Spitfire and have always loved it. However, in my personal opinion, Ed's model does a better job of capturing the feel of a Spitfire.

It does feel like you are "wearing" it. Ed himself has said "It isn't hard to fly, but it is hard to fly WELL" and that is true. a very rewarding machine and modelled with stunning detail!

Alex

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

Oh crumbs, there seems to be so much good payware around at the moment.

I hadn’t really given this one much thought as it’s only the single mark and I’ve already spent money on the Justflight/AH Spit (which I was somewhat disappointed with :sad: ).

But then I don’t think the LF.16 is featured in Justflights release and having now seen the screenshots it looks to be very accurate.

It’s this particular screenshot that’s pretty much sold it for me http://www.plane-design.com/preview_ima ... fire26.jpg . It looks absolutely stunning in this picture, truly beautiful. In fact it could easy be mistaken for a photo.

Try as I might to resist buying payware aircraft, I do seem to be able to consistently talk myself into it!!! :roll:

Alex

Edit: Nuts, I’ve just noticed that with this post I’ve become a Meteor. Now my avatar doesn’t match!!! :roll: I guest I’ll just have to visit somewhere with a nice Meteor and take some pics, honestly what a chore!!! :wink: :smile:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Thanks Alex, does it run as smoothly as the Real Air 24, Ed´s previous releases (Lanc and Lancastrian) can be a little FR heavy on my rather cluttered and 3 year old plus PC. I will hold off upgrading until the new year so I get the new Windows too :shock: (brave eh?) :lol: included in the package.
ATB Trev

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

Hi Trev

Hope you don't mind me answering. I just swapped between each aircraft, maintaining the same front view in the VC... the frame rates were pretty much identical - the rate was jumping up and down slightly with both aicraft but I'd put the average framerate within 1FPS.

It was designed from the outset to be more efficient than the Lancaster.

-Ed