Saab 91 Safir released..........

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Post by JensOle »

AlexP wrote:That really does look very good indeed. I may well get it and try my hand at a repaint (or to put it more accurately, an identity change) as I’ve set my self the challenge of trying to fill my virtual hanger with the aircraft found at my local air museum - Newark Air Museum. :madhead: :roll: :lol:

The only slight technical hitch is that Newark’s example ( http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0717493/L/ ) differs somewhat from the freeware scheme available at the Sib Wings site ( http://www.sibwings.com/freeware/repaint/ln.sao.jpg ). In particular the roundels and fuselage lettering. I’m wondering whether NAM have restored theirs and perhaps repainted inaccurately or whether this is the actual scheme it wore whilst in service. Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

Alex
Safir "341" as seen at Newark has the correct paint scheme as used during the later years in RNoAF service. The large aircraft codes were used early on and on most Safir's (as on 341) the codes were removed and a smaller roundel was used.

I have done a repaint of 341 in this scheme.

I'm also working on another rnoaf repaint, this time in the all yellow scheme with large aircraft codes.

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

JensOle,

Crumbs that’s torn it. :lol: Until now I was still deciding whether or not to get the Safir but with your excellent repaint I’m decided! Please tell me it’s available to download from somewhere!?!

Alex
Last edited by AlexP on 22 Sep 2006, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Post by JensOle »

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your kind words about my repaints :)
I very much recomend the SW Safir, it is outstaning!

I'll try to upload the paints this weekend.

Regards
Jens-Ole

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

I did not resist and bought it a few days ago. I had some troubles in installing it since I have no Internet connection at home but in office.
SIBwings answered quickly to my issues and the problem has been easily solved. They are very kind and splendid people . They love aeroplanes , obviously.
The SAFIR is a real gem. In his light trainer category is , by all means, the best plane I ever had seen for FS9.
Look forward to future projects. These are the kind of products for which I like to pay money for. :dance: