Riddle...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Sorry to have cause all this trouble and debate...I was wondering if it meant "Iberian Peninsular"....But there, I suppose I will have to be happy with "Internet Protocol" :think:

Wonder if "Germany" etc are included in the "European Union" :roll:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Heres the equivalent statistics from my host Peter. I think your "IP" tallies with my "Unresolved/unknown"

Interesting to note that despite being in a war with Israel, someone in Lebanon found time to read about Tridents or browse through my photos :dunno:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Maybe thought they were Trident missiles :roll: :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

TobyV wrote:Interesting to note that despite being in a war with Israel, someone in Lebanon found time to read about Tridents or browse through my photos
Not that surprising, Toby. After the recent revelation that Herr Hitler had 600 hours on FS, it should come as no surprise that Sheikh Nasrallah insists on it's use as a basic trainer for Hezbollah agents. Better step up the security on ZK, mate :wink:

Ian

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Perhaps Hezbollah want to use one for terrorist training like Saddam did? :lol: ZK was of course used in the counter-terrorism role for a while.

RJP
Comet
Comet

Post by RJP »

TobyV wrote:Perhaps Hezbollah want to use one for terrorist training like Saddam did? :lol: ZK was of course used in the counter-terrorism role for a while.
Ahhhhh..... Did (the fuselage of) it make an appearance at Linton On Ouse whilst being used for that? (Just up the road from there is the 'Emergency Planning College') Did surprise me one day when a Trident (albeit on a truck!) trundled past the window :lol:

Rgds
Richard
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

No, ZK was used whilst it was a complete airliner at Heathrow. G-AVFK (a 2E fuselage painted turquoise and orange) and one or two of the 1Es in the G-AVY* block were used specifically for this purpose by units of the police and the SAS.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

TobyV wrote:No, ZK was used whilst it was a complete airliner at Heathrow. G-AVFK (a 2E fuselage painted turquoise and orange) and one or two of the 1Es in the G-AVY* block were used specifically for this purpose by units of the police and the SAS.
The SAS also have their own Trident at Hereford :smile:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Would that be Credenhill, Peter? I thought that one was G-AVYB, but I cant be certain. I've just had a look at that base on http://local.live.com and I cant see anything resembling a fuselage obviously there, so perhaps its undercover or moved/disposed of now?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DOes this tie in with the fuse you are talking about?

http://www.aerotransport.org/php/go.php ... &orderby=1

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."