Airspeed Ambassador fuel burn info needed

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Airspeed Ambassador fuel burn info needed

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Throwing this one out to the masses. The fuel burn in the FS9 Airspeed Ambassador looks to be on the heavy side. I was wondering if anyone has any accurate figures for this old lady ?

Rgds

John

simcaptain
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by simcaptain »

Hi John,

Well, well, well.... The only figures I can offer you are those from "Aeroplane" 's April 2003 Database on the Ambassador, and there only some figures around the fuel burn. First of all, the wing tanks are given as having 1000 imp gal capacity. Jens Kristensen, the aerodynamicist of the D-GHHH Ambassador, increased this by 20% to convert to US gal used by FS, so the aircraft.cfg reads 2x600 = 1200.

The Database goes on to give a range of 740 miles with maximum (11645lb) payload at 280mph (weight restrictions only leave room for 4471lb or 642 imp gal or 771 US gal of fuel). They also give ranges 1560 miles with 7800lb payload and full tanks at 280mph and 1950miles with same load at 220mph.

I do hope I got all the maths right... for specific weights and units see this awesome table: http://www.mobil.com.au/pdf/mobil/aviat ... tables.pdf

Hope this helps,
Georg
COO D-GHHHsimulationware
N 47° 51' / E 12° 9'
12nm south of EDNV

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Georg,

Tks for that. I'm sure it will help :wink: We're excited to be including it in our VA fleet so the old girls should get plenty of use very soon :smile:

I've got that Aeroplane mag somewhere too now you come to mention it :redface:

Nice to see you popping in again :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!