At last!...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I second the good riddance comment. There was absolutely no doubt about his skill, nor about his will to win. Unfortunately, this is a game played with other people's lives at stake ( including that of the audience as anyone who remembers le mans 1955 will know) . In such circumstances, he should have been had his licence permanently withdrawn after the Hill incident . The plain fact is that motor racing is now not dangerous enough for the drivers - if it were, you would not see the hooligan behaviour that was started by Senna ( who got his comeuppance) and followed by Schumacher - but it is still terribly dangerous for other people

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Nigel H-J wrote:Kubicas' excellent performance with Williams
[cough](BMW) Sauber... [/cough]

I'm sure Williams would love to be doing so well! :lol:
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

My favourite will always be Juan Manuel Fangio...I watched him so many times and he nearly always won...A true master of the four wheel drift.

He was also a great Gentleman and I admired that :think:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I met former F1 photographer Keith Duerden at Goodwood a couple of years ago. He told me about a time when he was photographing Fangio from behind an oil drum at the edge of the circuit, after noticing him crouching there with the camera, he came past on one lap and his wheel 'kissed' the drum. No great drama, no accident, he just felt it move very slightly!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

[cough](BMW) Sauber... [/cough]
:doh:

Sorry Hot_Charlie. Wasn't paying enough attention!!!!
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Although... John Watson is my local hero.
Funny you should say that Ben, he was mine too. He lived at Pagham, 4 miles away and a friend of mine was his babysitter.........but I gues he really was more local to you in the early days :wink:

I hope you in the UK have now seen Lewis Hamilton's race in GP2 from Turkey. I know he spun, but the recovery drive was worthy of Senna's drive at Donnington in the GP. What a star, go on Ron, break the habbit of a lifetime and take a risk.........Lewis for the No2 McLaren in 2008.
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

petermcleland wrote:My favourite will always be Juan Manuel Fangio...I watched him so many times and he nearly always won...A true master of the four wheel drift.

He was also a great Gentleman and I admired that :think:
Has to be Jim Clark for me, a man sadly cut off in his prime.

AndyG