UKMIL Merlin Vid

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

Released today to club members

go get it DaveB :lol:

PICS HERE

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi DC!! :wink:

I'm afraid my helicopter piloting skills leave much to be desired the the RN Merlin does nothing to change my view that I was right to join up as a Radio Operator all those years ago :lol:

It's certainly not a bad looking model and it flies much like the Alpha model.. eg, opening the gas slightly will have it going backwards :shock: I'm seeing holes all over the 2D panel which would suggest my screen res of 1152x864 doesn't suit it. The main 6 MFD is squashed (though none of the other gauges are) making all of the rotary instruments oval rather than round :think: A little confused at the choice of window pillars (in 2D).. these look straight off the old Alpha VC10 'K' and bare no resemblance to what you can see in VC.
Another oddity is the nosegear steering linked to Left/Right stick movement (aileron control for aircraft with wings) which in itself doesn't sound too bad but has an undesirable shootoff that you can see the nose gear moving left and right while you're looking outside and banking. Any particular reason it wasn't linked to the rudder??

It seems to have more grunt than the Alpha model. Throw that little tinker into certain manoeuvres and it will run out of steam and vertical control. The UKMIL model can be pushed to similar manoeuvres and survive.. handy for crap pilots. :smile:

Very nice mate and a good alternative to the payware model but can I have something with wings next time please :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

thanks for the commets dave

the nose gear was linked to the rudder, but for some strange reason would not turn. so it ended up being linked to the roll channel

is the MFD squased in 2s or VC?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello mate,

Can't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure the answer is both. Will have a look when I come back up :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

the right hand MFD is squashed sligtly, however, to fit everything on the panel, this is how it ended up, and yes the gauges have ended up a bit oval, but thats the best we can do with the freeware gauges available. After this, this is a Freeware project, and we used stock freeware gauges, as we have not yet developed our own.

i am sure it does not spoil the enjoyment tho :lol:

as for the small holes in the panel top, only just noticed them, and will be fixed

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi DC,

Rgr that :wink: I've just had a look at the MFD in VC and it could be a little squashed but it's difficult to tell due to the angle of the gauge. As you rightly point out.. it's nowt to worry about :wink:

Tks VM :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage