HS748 Problem

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

HS748 Problem

Post by igorski »

This might be a shock to you all, but even having been here for so long, I only installed the 748 today. Ok, it was for the 2nd time, but my old system for some reason couldnt hack it, so it lasted all of about 10 minutes.

Anyway... I loaded it up today, and it works fine on my new box. Hurrah!

Except... When I land, I can never take off again eg a touch n go. It just cant get the speed up, and decellerates while running off the end of the runway :doh:

Any ideas what im getting wrong?

Thanks!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Andy..

What is happening is that you are perhaps landing a little heavy or being a tad heavy handed on the throttles and you're tripping the gennies out (you'll notice the centre top panel lighting up like a christmas tree) :wink: Try and land her a little smoother OR, keep an eye out for the gennie lights if you're doing T&G's and pull the OHP down sharp and restart the gennies (top LH panel) :smile: You will have in effect feathered the props mate :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

Dave, spot on,

Was watching the lights this time, you were right on both counts :wink:

If a heavy landing didnt catch me, then pushing strait into full throttle did the job!!

Found the un-feather switch pretty quickly!! - Not having to use it much though after a little practice!

Many thanks!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

You're welcome Andy. The same happened to me last week while I was running the 780 (Andover) between Guernsey and Jersey so it was fresh in my mind :wink: Wasn't paying attention on the last Jer landing and started the trip back to Gue by road!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!