new stick by Saitek

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Robbie, remember that the X45 and X52 are setup to mimick fighter controls. Most fighters have right-hand stick and left-hand throttle, just as the Saitek stick/throttle combos are setup. It takes some getting used to, but it's correct if you're flying a fighter. :smile:

Kimber
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kimber »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Shame it also comes with Saitek patented joystick car suspension spring at the base of the stick... :roll: :smile:
That is very easy to fix!!

LeeC
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by LeeC »

What an incredible arrangment of throttles. Ideal for '2 player' situations I guess, but don't think I am flexible enough to operate them whilst flying. :brick:

Totally agree, I think I'll stick with the X52 - the perfect stick (for me), despite its 'Transformers' like appearence :roll:

Best
Lee

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Ill keep my Evo :smile:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

If they made an X52 stick with a separate dual (or quad) throttle, I think they'd be onto a winner.
Dave G.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Saitek did a split throttle years ago based on the F-15 joystick and throttle. I still have mine in a box in storage and it works pretty good, the problem is that when they made it there weren't many programs that supported such a setup, so it didn't sell all that well and Saitek dropped it and hasn't gone back. Maybe with the popularity of the CH Throttle Quadrant we'll see if they try again with a multi-axis throttle quadrant.