Imperial Airways scenery

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Angus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Imperial Airways scenery

Post by Angus »

Hi all,

Some time ago (I reckon it was over a year ago), I remember following a link from this forum to some scenery for FS2004 which I downloaded. It was a collection of airfields around the world which were served by Imperial Airways, and would add aerodromes such as Croydon and Brooklands to FS9. I think the name of the scenery was "Imperial Airways scenery" or something similar. Unfortunately I've since lost this scenery and want to reinstall it but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have this scenery or know where to get it? Any help very appreciated.

Thanks,
Angus
"The wisest man is not the one who knows the most, but the one who realises he knows the least."

Angus

biplaneflyer
Meteor
Meteor

Post by biplaneflyer »

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Hi Angus,

I don't know if this was the link

http://billvons.com/imperial_airways/scenery/index.htm

There was an attempt to get a virtual Imperial Airways going elsewhere, but it seemed to founder. The routes are very long and the aircraft exceedingly slow, which tends to put follk off.

The above scenery includes John McKeon's vintage London Airfields, I haven't checked what other ones may be available. There is also a route for Short Solents from Oz to the UK by Bruce Kennewell on Flightsim. Bruce did Oz lighthouse scenery as well as other flying boat routes across the Pacific.

Now if only CBFS VA had some Short Empire Boats and the odd HP.42. Meantime Bluegrass is the sort of VA where you can fly what you want where and when you want, so they let odd Limeys play with anything from an Avro 504K to the VC10.

Back to the Imperial boats, do you have the download of Brian Cassidy's Flying Empires book?

Edit

Biplane beat me to it!

Angus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Angus »

Thanks a lot guys, that's the one. I don't know of the Flying Empires book.
"The wisest man is not the one who knows the most, but the one who realises he knows the least."

Angus

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

The book can be downloaded in pdf format from Brian Cassidy's website at the link below:

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~mbcass/