GE Professional II in FS9...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

GE Professional II in FS9...

Post by petermcleland »

I bought this application the other day and have enjoyed setting it up...This is a time consuming but automated business. Today I flew a test sortie from O'Hare to JFK and along the way I took a sequence of pictures. A lot of them are nothing to do with GE Pro II but they are here anyway...

This first is probably one of the best to show the ground textures as I've only just started the climbout from O'Hare and am still reasonably low.

The rest of the rather long sequence can be seen by clicking on this address:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

Thanks for looking :dance:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That's amazing Peter :shock:

Especially in that first climbout shot

What was the fps like?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Garry Russell wrote:That's amazing Peter :shock:

Especially in that first climbout shot

What was the fps like?
Garry,

I didn't even look but I'm pretty sure that GE Pro has virtually no effect on framerates but I kept my Traffic at 100% and that certainly made it a bit choppy getting out of O'Hare and into JFK...I run a LOT of Traffic and the radio was very busy for the whole trip. :smile:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Peter

It must be OK otherwise you would have noticed and checked.

Thanks for showing those.

ATB

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Peter,

Is this a purchase above and beyond the original GE or an update to the original??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:Peter,

Is this a purchase above and beyond the original GE or an update to the original??
You would need to explore if you get a discount for owning the original GE...This is a very much bigger product with much more variety of use and with METAR downloads for your route to determine which ground textures to use along the way. Texture sets are generated in an automated way but take time...Best done while you are sleeping.

BTW I import an FS9 flight plan to let it work out which texture sets to use and this seems to work fine. I don't have Active Sky 6 so it uses the Flight One Server for METAR downloads...Then I use the FS9 Real Weather updated every 15 mins. If you have Active Sky 6 then that provides your Weather.

Here is The first page of the help file:-

Ground Environment Professional V2.1 Help

Welcome to the Ground Environment Professional V2.1 help file. The latest version of Ground Environment Professional gives you much more flexibility on how you wish to display your textures within Flight Simulator 2004.
You will be able to enhance your textures in a way that no other Flight Simulator expansion pack has ever enabled you to do before. This is definitely a great leap forward in FS technology and we hope you will enjoy many hours customizing the look and feel of your Flight Simulator environment.
In this latest version of Ground Environment Professional you will find links to ground breaking products and also to our support forum, allowing you to obtain support for your Flight One product from within Ground Environment Professional itself.
There is also a screen for a revolutionary way to configure the look and feel of Flight Simulator before you fly. The Weather Control screen will allow you to obtain METAR reports for your departure point and destination. You will also be able to import Flight Simulator flight plans (.pln files) to enable Ground Environment Professional to intelligently select the best Texture Sets (Ground and Sky) for the weather conditions en-route. You will be able to view a comprehensive fully decoded METAR for departure and destination plus this tool is a great way to learn what a METAR actually means. And to add to all this there is also a Weather finder so that you can look for specific flying conditions before you fly.
There is also a whole new section for the most detailed Night Textures available to date. These were specially designed by Anthony Vos and are and amazing addition to Ground Environment Professional. As with all the textures that we provide, they can be customized to your preferred taste.
Note: Ground Environment Professional is not a Weather Engine or Flight Planner but uses the information from the METARs to decide which texture set would the most appropriate for the average Weather Conditions during your Flight. In this version of Ground Environment Professional we have now collaborated with Damian Clark to integrate Active Sky 6 weather data into Ground Environment Professional V2.1. If you do not have Active Sky 6 then weather information will now be obtained from the Flight1 Server.
We also have now provided support for WideFS users to enable Ground Environment Professional to be installed on a WideClient PC.
Ground Environment Professional V2.1 is the next step forward in the way you use Flight Simulator and we hope that you will enjoy many hours of fun with this, the most advanced, tool for FS2004 to date.
Copyright © 2006 - 2007 Flight One Software

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Peter,

VMT for that. Although it looks the doggies, I think this is one addon that I'll give a miss :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

You would need to explore if you get a discount for owning the original GE
Having recently purchased the bog standard GE I can confirm that if you already own GE you recieve a discount ($30 springs to mind) when purchasing the Pro version.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

HI Chris,

Tks for that. A $30 discount makes the package easier to swallow though I dread to think how much they're asking if you get a $30 discount :shock:

I'll have a look :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:HI Chris,

Tks for that. A $30 discount makes the package easier to swallow though I dread to think how much they're asking if you get a $30 discount :shock:
I see this application as a means of keeping my FS9.1+UmpteenExtras way ahead of FSX for actual Flight Simulation as opposed to Gaming. I'm going to look at inserting "Xtrawater" into Flight Environment today.