FSX

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Seaking
VC10
VC10

FSX

Post by Seaking »

For those of us in Canada, I was just onto my local store, FSX is in my store Oct 18th and can be preordered now

$59.99 standard edition
$79.99 deluxe edition

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I guess the UK will pay that in UK pounds, as usual :-#
ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Trev,

That seems to be the case mate. Lee, my assistant manager, has been having a gander to check availability and around the £70 looks like the expected price for the 'Pro' version :shock: Don't ya hate it when dollars and pounds cross at the same number :think: It's like the GoFlight and CH stuff.. $125 for a yoke in the US and £125 over here!! :poke:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

Hi Dave,

A quick check on Play.com lists the 'Deluxe' vesion at £49:95.....with a release date of 13/10/06....getting better.. :wink:

Regards.

BrianG

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I heard

£49.99 for the standard

£59.99 for the pro

Some outlets are offerring £10 off for pre order

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

As Garry said, and like I posted before:

Amazon say 13th October and £49-99 for Deluxe if you pre-order (and it's free postage if you don't mind waiting a few days for delivery)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Fligh ... &s=gateway

Edit: my money is staying in my pocket for a long while - and I bet those pre-order prices become the norm

Canuck
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Canuck »

DaveB wrote:Hi Trev,
Don't ya hate it when dollars and pounds cross at the same number

ATB

I don't! I'll buy it here and pay with my UK credit card - should work out at 38.00 - damn dont have a pound sign on this keyboard.

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

DaveB wrote:Hi Trev,

That seems to be the case mate. Lee, my assistant manager, has been having a gander to check availability and around the £70 looks like the expected price for the 'Pro' version :shock: Don't ya hate it when dollars and pounds cross at the same number :think: It's like the GoFlight and CH stuff.. $125 for a yoke in the US and £125 over here!! :poke:

ATB

Dave
some friends of mine just came back from the UK
the hotel they stayed at exchanged Money for them
they gave up two hundred in US and they were
given 100 pounds in return.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Joe,

There always used to be a huge difference in 'advertised' sale prices for stuff coming from the US into the UK but this is becoming less these days and not without good reason.. import tax!!! I got my CH Yoke and Pedals from the US and had them shipped over as the price seemed a steal but they both fell into the clutches of our tax system. Both were delivered by our national postal service towit I had to cough up an extra £26 for the pedals and a similar amount for the yoke :poke:

I later found both items on sale in the UK (RC Simulations) for only a couple of quid more than the total price I paid from the US making the US 'advertised' price and the UK advertised price about the same.. eg $125 and £125 :sad: I since found that anything over the price of £18 that hits our shores is subject to import tax (add handling charges too!!) so many of the bargains we see are not quite as cheap as they first seem :roll:

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

Import taxes can be a big hike on the price listed by overseas websites and buying FSX from Play.com could theoretically be subject to import tax.

We are doing FSX at list price but we send it out recorded delivery to try and get it there that bit quicker, and we do try and offer over the phone support (or e-mail) if people are struggling with one aspect or another.

Town