Lizzie fuel burn information

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris,

As I said, the pic doesn't scan very well as the sharpness isn't there in the original shot. However, I'm still convinced that the word above the centre of the gauge reads boost. I agree there is no minus but there is no other word I know of or can think of that starts in BO and ends in ST. The gauge reads from 10 to 60 btw.. whether that matters or not :wink:

The source of this shot is AIRSPEED.. The company and its aeroplanes by D H Middleton.

I can't see what the centre panel top RH guages read but they look like they're calibrated from 0 to 900. The two below are just too dark to read but they may read from zero to 300.

I have ordered a copy of that cd from NZ but have yet to receive a reply :think: I'd have thought there would have been a diagram of the main panel in the FM :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

There is a cockpit photo, but unfortunately it's not too close for the instruments. It does however show that the gauge is a Boost gauge.

Looking at the manuals, I find that there are a couple of illustrations that are somewhat helpful, but no diagrams of the gauges themselves, although there are good diagrams of where everything is on the panel, so it may be useful although pictures of all of the instrument faces would be very helpful.