Re-organising of flight numbers

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re-organising of flight numbers

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi guys,

With the demise of the F100's and the B777 I've decided to re-hash the flight numbers a bit to make things a little bit easier to know which variant is used on a particular flight.

Ive started with the 1-11 500's which have already been renumbered and all start CBF5xxx. The 1-11 200's and 400's will be next to get renumbered and will be CBF2xxx and CBF4xxx respectively. There will be other types that will have similar flight numbers (e.g. 146-200's will have CBF2xxx flight numbers) but that should not be an issue as flight numbers also show the aircraft type on the FlyNET website.

I'll update the stickied thread as soon as everything is organised but it should make things a little clearer as to what model acft is scheduled for the route.

Rgds

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Well that wasn't so bad, for now. The 1-11 flight numbers have all been changed now to better reflect the model used. 200's have CBF2xxx, 400's have CBF4xxx and the 500's have CBF5xxx. The only other aircraft's flight numbers that I've changed is the Standard VC10 which are now CBF10xx which identifies the type a little clearer from the Super VC10 (VC15) whose flight numbers are CBF15xx. I've provisionally allocated flight number blocks for the Viking, Ambassador and Skyvan and left enough room hopefully for the BAe146-200's and BAe146-300's for when they join the fleet. I'll try and fit the Islander/Trislander flight numbers into suitable gaps.

The stickied thread 'Flight Numbers' has been updated to reflect the changes.

Rgds

John