Alpha Sim Javelin out now

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

DispatchDragon wrote:Sorry Chris

I will reiterate what I said - although its looking back over forty plus years
I lived next to the factoy at Hucclecote for five years of my child hood until the day GAC closed down - the sound of Javelins taking off were an integral
part of my life -- Alphasims sound pack included with their Javelin captures that memory very closely - down to and including the odd warbling "blue note" that a Jav flown at low level fast made (probably more marked by the fact it was inverted) - wether it is a "reworked Lightning sounds" or not it really does come very very close to the sounsd I remember - Now anyone want to discuss Proteus sounds??

:lol:

Leif
I'll defer to your superior knowledge on the subject. I was hoping for something sounding like the Javelins do in this clip:

http://www.btinternet.com/~javelin/javelins.wav

I believe Brian Franklin had a quick play around and produced an exterior cruise .wav file for the Javelin that again was the kind of thing I was hoping for with the Alphasim set:

http://www.simshed.co.uk/sound/javelin1.wav

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Ayeup, Ive heard that wav file before - considering its I believe nine Javelins in formation I can understand why its a little more noticeable
than a single aircraft - It wasn't meant to be superiority - just recalling living within the sound of them day in and day out - one of the amusing things is I remember them more being run up in the engine pens at Glosters - they would hook a Jav up to the attenuators on the west side of the field (directly across from our home) and do engine trim runs for 45min to an hour at a time which required running through the full power spectrum - you would only hear that odd warble right at the end of the run when they went from idle to full power and then back right before shutting them down.

In retrospect the occasional Meteor that would visit seemed more noisy

Leif

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Well, Phil has delivered what he promised. V1.1 of the Javelin contains extra models for the FAW 9R and the FAW 5, with the possibility of a Mk 7 to follow. With the differences between the Mk 2-5 and the Mk 8-9 being fairly minimal (please correct me if I am wrong) this opens the way for the repainters to have an absolute field day!!

Guess I'll have to get it now after all! :lol:

AndyG