New Projects

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Town
Viscount
Viscount

New Projects

Post by Town »

Chaps

I am Looking now to create some software addons for the new FSX to be sold under the Skysim name. I however am not a designer, so if there is anyone out there who would like to get their work published, would you PM me so we can pass over contact details and discuss some projects I have in mind.

Regards

Gordon

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: New Projects

Post by DanKH »

Town wrote:to be sold
Is that fitting in a freeware forum....?
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Re: New Projects

Post by Town »

DanKH wrote:
Town wrote:to be sold
Is that fitting in a freeware forum....?
I thought this was the developers forum :roll:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just to clarify.. the only area where this type of thing would be suitable is the payware section, so I am moving it.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Gordon, I know we all have business ideas, but I think P.M's to our designers would have been a more 'subtle' aproach :lol: . This site is founded on the 'Free' aspect and some here may consider this an attempt to make some of the designers current projects payware. Whilst I am happy to spend money on some projects, the most amazing thing about this whole hobby is that (for the time being, at least), you can get the sort of projects this site is famous for....for free! In this day and age, that is pretty damn cool :wink:
ATB Trev

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

Please forgive me. I put my request in an open forum specifically to avoid seeming underhand. I do appreciate this forum offers free aircraft though I understood that many designers do make payware and freeware.

All I am trying to do is commision some work from a designer. Whether you chaps here choose to purchase such work is up to yourselves (I would neither ask you to buy from me nor turn you away if you wished to) but a great many people do not have the capability to search and find these things on the internet for purchase or indeed for free so the only way to give them the products they want is via CD/DVD, This however carries a cost and unless you have a benefactor to cover this cost then unfortunately the price must go on the purchase.

I do not wish to be subversive or to illicit arguments about the rights & wrongs of payware/freeware I am just trying to get good quality product to customers who do wish to buy.

If I am out of order here, then please moderators remove this post.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Hi Gordon, I think there is not a problem with your request that warrants it being removed (unless another moderator thinks different, we are fairly open minded here :wink: ).

I am sure nobody will blame any of our designers from wanting a small reward for the thousands of hours they put in.

However, taking a 'commision' really means the end of freeware because of the sheer amount required to produce stuff of the quality people expect. And that would be a great shame indeed. I do not know of many payware developers still doing freeware on the side :smile:
ATB Trev

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

Hi Calypsos

Like I said I do not wish to solicit argument on this subject, but having met with thousands of flight simmers (and starting a good few of on the road to flight simulation) I know that less than 10% are aware of what is available for free if they have the capability to navigate the internet I there is only so much telephone guidance one person can give to another on how to download and install free aircraft.

My main aim of this whole idea is to get GOOD QUALITY stuff out there to people who are not familiar to forums etc. where they can collect advice, opinnions and now how. But like I said in an earlier post putting things into a format that allows people to get these things straight onto their computers - "no fuss" carries cost implications and I would prefer to be completely up front about that.

It may mean nothing to you chaps, but we carry one peice of freeware software on our demonstrator computers to show people what they can find on the internet for free (if you are guessing it is Rick's Provost).
but many just do not have the ability to install it on their home systems.