Flynet Problems?

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Flynet Problems?

Post by TSR2 »

Is anyone else having problems today? I have flown the same route 3 times in the last 18 hrs, and every time I land in Porto, the Client has hung.... grrrrr :poke:

I am now not going to be able to fly the route within the 24hr period and yet another fine. :k:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben :shock:

I was thinking of taking a trip down memory lane and fly there (though as I came back some 2years later with a wife.. they're not the sort of memories I care to resurrect!!) :axe:

It sounds like you are having a similar problem I had with Dyce mate. I never got to the bottom of it so uninstalled my Scotflight scenery. It cured the problem but now Scotland is not the lovely place with lots to see it once was :sad: You got any addon scenery for Portugal??

EDIT.. Ben, I'll run that flight when I get back from CDG (having first got a ticket up to Manchester) :wink: I don't have any addon scenery in that area so it SHOULD be ok :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Kerding..

Ben.. wherever you are..

It seems there is only one Oporto flight from Manchester and as you have it booked, I can't fly it now I'm there :poke:

Will have a look at LHR and see if there is anything going down that way but it's impossible to duplicate the flight from the wrong airport and a different Trident :roll:

Things shouldn't be this difficult should they :huf:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ben,

Got a ticket back to LHR and picked up a Tri3 from there to Porto. No problems matey (other than the fact it's now 2.39 in the morning)!!! :-$

Right.. return booked and I'm off to bed (even though I kipped for a bit on the way over) :-$ :worried:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Definately something funny going on at flynet. My booking from yesterday still hasn't expired ...the client finds no booked flight, but the website says I have one booked. :think: And my signature says I'm climbing when I have updates switched off and I'm not even running FS at the moment. :worried:

Could someone have a wee look and see whats up.

Cheers

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

OK... the client has found the flight again, and we're off... but I can't seem to switch the tracker off, regardless of what I set the ini file value to. :think:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Matey..

Climbing is probably right.. but it's up the wall in dispair!! :roll:

Try this..
Have a look in your client folder and you'll find the client.exe and libmysql.dll plus the usual log.out, report.out and 431.out files. John always seems to have a-n-other one but I don't for some reason :think: Make a new folder and shift everything out of the client folder except client.exe and libmysql.dll and try logging in on the client again. It may sort it's sh1t out.. it may not.

Another thing to try is give someone (resonsible!) your login and password to see what is logged on the client. I've had similar before (no booked flight) and I've passed my info to John who then logged in on my details and all was well :roll:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Sri missed you earlier Dave. I'm in the air ATM so I'll see how it goes. I think once i get this one out of the way, I'll reinstall the client. :wink:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo Ben..

No problem. However, your 'live' sig is saying you're in the hangar. Hope it didn't bug out on you again :sad: Another way to get around the prob (or at least try to) is perhaps let me login as you (on my system) and try and fly the flight. You can do likewise and fly my Tri3 back at the same time :wink: It would certainly prove something was wrong (or not) with that flight/flightplan.

I'll be up on MSN later if you want to give it a try.. say, around 3.30ish :wink:

ATB

DaveB :shock:
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

All sorted guys. I think my client install had its nickers in a twist. deleted everything, reinstalled and I'm safely in Porto. Cheers Dave. :dance:

ImageImageImage